The Private Clinic in Harley Street is one of few clinics in the UK to offer the completely new Thermage System for skin tightening named ThermaCool CPT™ (Comfort Plus Technology System). Thermage has been described as the Non-Surgical Facelift. There is a special device in the new system that reduces discomfort and allows higher radiofrequency energies for greater results.
The problem: As we age collagen production slows down, skin loses its elasticity and the contours of the face and body appears less defined.
Normal changes in skin that come as we age include:
- Eyes: eyelid hooding & sagging
- Face: wrinkles & sagging skin
- Body: sagging skin on tummy, arms, legs and buttocks
- Skin: uneven texture; increased dryness; transparency caused by thinning of the superficial layer of the skin
The treatment: Thermage is the only non-invasive procedure that helps tighten and contour your skin in a single treatment—with no surgery, no injections, and no downtime. Instead, Thermage stimulates your body’s natural renewal of collagen, which creates subtle, natural looking results. Thermage is the first and only system to receive FDA clearance for non-invasive eyelid treatments.
The results: Over time, sagging or wrinkled skin is replaced with smoother, tighter skin; improved tone and texture; and an overall younger looking appearance. The skin will begin to look plumper, while firmness and elasticity will be improved.
Downtime: None – you can return to normal activities straight away.
Our team: We are the UK’s leading non-invasive cosmetic group. Thermage treatments are carried out by highly trained nurses and doctors who have extensive experience in this field and have successfully treated hundreds of patients on a variety of skin conditions.
Some of your questions answered
- Thermage is non invasive; there’s no surgery, no injections, no anesthesia and no downtime.
- Thermage skin tightening treatments stimulate your body’s natural renewal of collagen, which creates subtle, natural looking results.
- You can improve your skin in a single treatment and quickly return to normal activities looking and feeling fantastic.
- Thermage provides gradual, natural looking results, as opposed to the dramatic change that invasive surgery produces. Patients will see continued improvements up to 6 months post treatment
- You don’t need to rearrange your life for complex procedures or long recoveries.
* results vary depending on age and skin condition.
The procedure works by using best-in-class radiofrequency technology to safely heat collagen fibers deep in the skin and underlying tissue. Over time, new and remodelled collagen is produced to further tighten and contour the skin.
The Thermage CPT procedure is designed especially for the face and the body. It can help tighten skin safely on most body parts, including the face, eyes, tummy, arms, hands, thighs and buttocks.
- Tired looking eyes
- Excess skin on the upper eyelid (also known as “hooding”;)
- Crépey texture of eyelids, making it hard to apply eye shadow or eye liner
- Wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes (“crow’s feet”;)
Thermage is the first and only system to receive FDA clearance for non-invasive eyelid treatments.
Thermage™ is an FDA approved procedure that helps tighten the skin and decrease wrinkles and hooding in the eye area without the need of eye lid surgery or injections and little to no downtime. You’ll have younger looking, more lifted eyes that look less tired in just 45 minutes.
There is no bruising, swelling or sutures, so you can apply make-up and return to your normal routine after the procedure. Plus, the smoother skin of your eyelids may make it easier to apply eye shadow and eyeliner.
Face & Jaws:
- Sagging skin
- Loose jowls or lack of definition in jaw line
- Sagging skin under the chin (“turkey neck”;)
- Wrinkles and fine lines around the mouth, eyes or forehead
- Lack of definition in lips
The facial skin is made up of three distinct layers: the outer layer called the epidermis, collagen-rich underlayer beneath the surface called the dermis, and an inner layer beneath the dermis called the subcutaneous layer.Thermage works on all three layers. Thermage’s unique Radio Frequency (CRF) technology safely heats your skin’s underlayer and the web of collagen in the inner layer, causing an immediate tightening as well as improved tone and texture. The Thermage treatment improvements will continue and become even more noticeable for four to six months following treatment, due to new collagen growth.
You only need one treatment to obtain the full benefits. In addition, there is no downtime, so you can quickly resume your daily routine.
Thermage can be safely and effectively used to tighten the bottom half of the face, giving you more definition in the jaw area.
- Body: Wrinkled, crepey or sagging skin on the tummy, knees, arms, legs, hands or buttocks
- Sagging skin or unwanted bulges after pregnancy or weight loss
- Love handles
- Appearance of cellulite
While laser treatments and other radiofrequency procedures also tighten skin, no other treatment heats as deeply as Thermage. By heating the innermost layers of skin, Thermage is the most effective at tightening collagen and stimulating the formation of new collagen, which results in tighter skin and an overall younger looking appearance.
Also, Thermage generally achieves results in a single treatment compared to other technologies requiring multiple treatment sessions.
Some patients experience minor discomfort, however, the new Thermage system is considerably less painful than previous generations of this type of treatment.
The Thermage CPT system incorporates proprietary Comfort Pulse Technology™ in every aspect of the system including a new vibrating handpiece and scientifically advanced treatment tips. There is a special device in the new system that reduces discomfort and allows higher radiofrequency energies for greater results.
It depends on the size of the area – but can take from 45 minutes.
There’s no special care needed after the procedure and most patients return to their regular activities immediately following treatment.
Most clients will see a visible improvement straight after treatment. The effects continue to improve for up to six months following a single treatment. Results can last for years depending on your skin condition and natural aging process
There is no special care required after treatment, aside from basic skin maintenance and sunscreens as part of a regular skincare regimen. Since the Thermage procedure has little to no downtime, most patients return to their regular activities immediately following treatment. Some patients exhibit a temporary redness or minor swelling after treatment, but this usually goes away within 24 hours.
Unlike lasers, Thermage procedures work on all skin types and colours. It is a year round procedure. After a Thermage procedure, you do not have to avoid the sun as with laser treatments. Schedule your Thermage procedure in the summer or any time that’s right for you!