Ultherapy is a non-surgical skin tightening procedure that is suitable for the face, neck, décolletage, chin and eyebrows. Ultherapy uses micro-focused ultrasound with visualisation (MFU-V) energy for natural-looking results.
What can Ultherapy treat?
Ultherapy is an FDA-cleared, and gold-standard non-invasive treatment that is an alternative to laser skin tightening.
- Full Face, Neck & Décolletage
- Brow lift (non-surgical brow lift)
- Neck lift
- Sagging Skin
- Sagging Jowls
- Poor skin laxity / Loss of skin strength
- Turkey Neck
- Sagging/Drooping Eyelids
- Lines and wrinkles
Benefits to your skin
- This type of energy bypasses the surface of the skin to treat depths not matched by any other non-invasive cosmetic device.
- The non-invasive Ultherapy ultrasound technique stimulates the production of collagen and elastin to reverse the visible signs of ageing.
- The collagen & elastin production results in clinically significant lifting and tightening of layers of tissue which other lasers are not FDA-cleared to perform.
- Celebrities including Tess Daly, Jennifer Aniston, Christie Brinkley and Kim Kardashian have used Ultherapy for a neck lift.
Tess Daly has utilised this world-class skin tightening procedure to keep her skin looking luminous, youthful and well-rested. Discover how Tess Daly has benefitted from the treatment in her article for The Telegraph, featuring The Private Clinic.
“I believe in investing in my skin as I do in my general skin health, looking after what you have got. Ultherapy works with your own skin to leave you looking refreshed and like you’ve had a good 8 hours of sleep. Ultherapy only took an hour with no downtime, and over time my skin looked more radiant, boosted and fresh.” – Tess Daly, April 2021
Ultherapy at a glance
30 – 60 mins
3 – 6 months
No. of Treatments
What are the benefits of Ultherapy?
- The Gold Standard in non invasive skin tightening technology.
- Non-Surgical treatment option
- Treatment time from 30 minutes
- Long-lasting natural looking results
- FDA Approved treatment
- No downtime, minimal recovery time
- Stimulates new collagen and elastin, to help reverse the signs of ageing
- Suitable for treating the full face, neck and décolletage
- 2 million treatments performed worldwide
- Over 95% patient satisfaction one-year following treatment
- Ultherapy has won its 9th New Beauty Award as the Best Nonsurgical Skin Tightener in 2022!
Ask us a question
Ultherapy Before & After Photos
Take a look at the Before and After photos to see the lifting and tightening Ultherapy results
What to Expect
The Private Clinic has been treating patients for over 40 years with thousands of people placing their trust in us each year. We pride ourselves on being able to offer a personalised service. We have a team of friendly nurses and expert surgeons who understand the importance of this decision and will support you throughout your journey with us.
A consultation is required before treatment to discuss suitability and areas to be treated.
On the day of treatment, the full face is cleansed and gel is applied for the applicator to start its work. The practitioner will use Ultherapy’s focused ultrasound imaging to see deep within the skin to determine the optimal placement of the treatment energy.
The ultrasound treatment energy will be deposited to precise depths within the skin to encourage the production of collagen and elastin.
Ultherapy treatment for the full face and neck areas usually takes around 60 – 90 minutes. Ultherapy for the décolletage / chest takes about 30 minutes.
Whilst Ultherapy is not considered to be a painful treatment. Some discomfort may be felt. Painkillers and/or topical anaesthetic numbing cream can be used prior to treatment. Your practitioner will ensure you are feeling comfortable throughout the treatment.
After Your Ultherapy Treatment
The recovery time following Ultherapy treatment is minimal. The skin on the area treated may appear red initially, but this will go down after a couple of hours.
Some patients may experience slight swelling, tingling or tenderness to the touch, but these will be mild and temporary in nature.
Patients will be able to return to their normal activities immediately after the procedure without any post-treatment recovery time restrictions or requirements.
What are the results from Ultherapy?
The results from Ultherapy are gradual and it can take three to six months to see results from treatment.
Some initial results as the collagen and elastin production starts can be seen a few days following treatment.
Most patients will only need one Ultherapy treatment but if skin laxity is severe then they may benefit from multiple treatments.
The results from Ultherapy can last for up to two years. We recommend treatments to be performed once a year, or once every two years. Or maintenance treatments can be performed every six months. Your practitioner will be able to provide more guidance on which treatment plan would be best for you.