Hair Transplant for Men
Virtually Undetectable Natural Looking Results, Performed by renowned UK Hair Transplant Surgeons.
Virtually Undetectable Natural Looking Results
Performed by renowned UK Hair Transplant Surgeons
We offer Micro FUE with Implanters
Over 10 years’ experience in perfecting the FUE technique
What’s on this page
- About this Treatment
- Before & Afters
- What to Expect
- Our Clinics
- Patient Stories
- Meet the Surgeons
- Related Blogs & News
Medically reviewed by Lorcan Sheppard BSc MBBS FRCA, Chief Medical Officer and the Medical Advisory Committee for The Private Clinic.
Last Reviewed May 17th 2022
The Private Clinic’s Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration surgeons have extensive experience in treating Male Pattern Baldness with the minimally-invasive, no linear scar, no stitch technique known as FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) Hair Transplantation.
Our Hair Transplant doctors have been perfecting their technique since 2008 and are known worldwide for their expert results and reputation. The proof lies in our before and after photos and videos. Outstanding results and peace of mind. We ensure that your procedure and pre and post operative care is thorough with our tried and tested methods to ensure success.
Why is my hair thinning and falling out? The Hair Loss Problem
Up to 50% of men will have experienced some degree of hair loss by the time they reach 50. And for many, hair loss will occur earlier in their 20s, 30s or even late teens.
The main cause for 95% men experiencing a thinning scalp is something called Androgenetic Alopecia – more commonly referred to as Male Pattern Baldness. The hereditary condition occurs when a male hormone causes certain hair follicles to shrink and produce abnormal hair with a shorter life.
In Male Pattern Baldness, patients typically see hair loss starting in the crown, followed by thinning around the hairline and temples, before the mid-anterior scalp is affected. This can be different depending to each individual. Other causes of hair loss in men could include stress, health complications, and physical reactions to medication. Hair loss can impact on your confidence. A consultation can help establish what phase you are in and we are here to find a solution.
Can a Trichologist help my hair loss?
You can seek advice from a Trichologist if you are losing hair in its early stages, however for balding areas, a hair transplant is often the most effective solution. The Private Clinic have many years of experience in our specialised FUE technique. All our clinics have CQC registered medical facilities to give you the hair and look you are after. Read about The Private Clinic here. Our reputation is such that we do not take short cuts, we will only give you honest advice with the results you are looking for.
Hair Transplant revision: can you help with a bad hair line or post hair transplant scar?
We specialise in hair transplant revision. In fact we see 30% of men who are unhappy with a hair transplant they have had from overseas or from clinics in the UK. We specialise in reversing a bad hair transplant, covering any scars or improving an unnatural looking hair line. At your consultation we will discuss the best options so you no longer need to be self-conscious of a bad hair transplant.
It was estimated that 112,742 hair restoration procedures were performed in Europe in 2021 which is a 5% increase from 2019. There was also a 240% increase in Hair Transplant procedures from 2010 to 2021.*
6 – 8 hours / 1 – 2 days
Back to work
1 – 2 weeks
Sterile spray for 4 days, then wash with mild/baby shampoo for 2 months
Sleep on back with head elevated (45° angle) for 10 days
What are the benefits of an FUE at our recognised clinics?
Our Hair Transplant surgeons have perfected their FUE hair implant techniques. Our advantages are to:
- Give you a natural looking and densely packed hair
- Implanting the hair in the direction your hair grows
- Our experienced doctors perform a modified FUE method; making very small entry points into the scalp
- We can offer our advanced Micro FUE technique with Implanters with increased recovery time and natural results
- We do not used a motorised robot FUE, this is too rough and does not yield the best hair transplant results
- Our Hair Transplant team ensure that the donor area looks intact after the hair transplant procedure
- Our FUE technique ensures you can even keep your hair really short if you prefer without any obvious scarring.
For Hair Transplant results, see our extensive hair transplant before and after photos and videos which cover the hairline, frontal area, temples, midscalp anterior, midscalp vertex, the crown and information on number of grafts.
The Private Clinic has been treating patients for over 35 years, we pride ourselves on our results, service and aftercare, see our 5 star Trust Pilot rating, we have the highest rating in the industry.
as seen in
Before & After
See our Hair Transplant before and after photos here.
They illustrate the following: hairline, frontal area, temples, midscalp anterior, midscalp vertex, crown, and number of grafts/hairs
What to Expect from your FUE Hair Transplant Journey
The Private Clinic has been treating patients for over 35 years with thousands of people placing their trust in us each year. We pride ourselves on being able to offer a personalised service. We have a team of friendly nurses and expert surgeons who understand the importance of this decision and will support you throughout your journey with us.
Your first step on your hair transplant journey is to have a consultation with one of our patient coordinators. This consultation will take place over the phone and the purpose of this initial consultation is to:
- Find out which procedure you are interested in and to determine your suitability.
- Advise you of any alternative treatments or products specific to your needs.
- Answer questions you might have regarding the procedure.
- Answer questions about your visit to the clinic.
- Answer questions about the steps involved in your hair transplant or hair loss journey.
- If deemed suitable and you indicate your wish to proceed your coordinator will then forward your personal and medical details to your Hair Transplant surgeon, along with any clinical queries, in time for the next step of your journey.
Your second consultation will then take place with one of our expert Hair Transplant Surgeons. Your surgeon will listen to your concerns regarding your hair loss and review your medical history. They will then perform a hair analysis to help them establish your suitability for a FUE Hair Transplant procedure.
The surgeon will then discuss:
- The best options suited to you.
- Risks and complications.
- Your expectations from FUE Hair Transplant surgery.
- What will happen on the day of the procedure.
- Recovery and aftercare.
If your hair transplant surgeon feels you are a good candidate for surgery, you will be invited to consider progressing to treatment. You will have a minimum 2 week cooling off period in which to decide. You will be allocated a dedicated patient coordinator who will be your point of contact should you wish to go ahead with the procedure.
How is a Hair Transplant done?
FUE Hair Transplant surgery will take place in the clinic where you had your consultation in our state-of-the-art theatres.
- You will be prepped ready for surgery which usually involves shaving the head and washing the hair unless you are having an unshaven FUE.
- You will be positioned lying face down on the couch and local anaesthetic and tumescent solutions will be injected into the scalp by the surgeon.
- The extraction will then start with the surgeon using a specialised punch device, ranging in diameter from 0.6mm – 0.9mm, to extract follicular units complete with necessary glands. This separates surrounding tissue from the unit, meaning minimum trauma and better results.
- The grafts from the donor area will be transferred to trays, and classified as a single hair, two hairs and three or more hair grafts and recorded.
- Once the extraction is complete, the procedure will break for lunch where you will be able to have a light lunch.
- You will return to the couch this time facing upright so the surgeon can access the areas that are being treated.
- Further local anaesthetic and tumescent solution will need to be injected into these areas before small slits are made to hold the newly transplanted hair.
- The implantation of the hair follicles is performed under a high-powered microscope using specially designed instruments, allowing the Hair Transplant doctor to work with the upmost precision for natural-looking, virtually undetectable results. Transplantation of all the vital elements of each hair follicle means a better survival rate and better growth.
- Once the procedure is complete the areas treated will have bandages applied and the surgeon will go through the recovery process and provide you with post-operative instructions to follow at home.
When the clinic team are happy that you are feeling well and safe to return home, we will discharge you from the clinic to recover.
In most cases an FUE Hair Transplant procedure is performed over the course of a day taking 6-8 hours, however if a large number of hairs are being transplanted then the surgeon may recommend performing the procedure across two days in which case you would need to return to clinic the following day to complete the procedure.
Hair Transplant Aftercare
A member of our nursing team will call you usually the day following your procedure to ensure you are feeling comfortable and recovering well following your procedure. You will also have been given details of our dedicated on-call nursing team who can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week should you have any worries or concerns during your recovery time.
You are likely to experience swelling, redness and tightness following treatment in the immediate post-operative recovery period which can take a few days to subside, but you will be provided with medication to help you feel comfortable.
It’s usually recommended to take a couple of days off work, depending upon the nature of your employment and exercise should be avoided for 2 weeks.
You will be required to follow a strict aftercare plan as advised by your surgeon which involves spraying the scalp with a saline solution on a regular basis for the first couple of days following your procedure.
The full recovery time of a FUE Hair Transplant procedure is around 6 weeks but you your final results can take up to 12 months to fully be seen.
Post-operative appointments usually take place at 6 weeks and 12 months where your surgeon will then be able to advise further on how to look after your newly implanted follicles.
0% Finance available
Hair Transplant Patient Stories
Outstanding care, patient satisfaction and results mean everything to The Private Clinic Team
Our reputation for excellent care is second to none. See what some of our patients have had to say about our hair transplant procedures.
Mr Michael Mouzakis is a Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic surgeon on the specialist register for Plastic surgery with a special interest in hair restoration based at our Harley Street and Northampton clinic. With extensive knowledge of FUE Hair Transplants, Mr Mouzakis specialises in the Micro FUE with Implanters technique. He treats every patient as an individual to get the very best results. Mr Mouzakis is shortlisted for the prestigious 2022 Aesthetic Awards Hair Transplant Surgeon of the Year.
Dr Luca de Fazio is a Hair Restoration and Plastic Surgeon who is an expert in the field of hair loss. Dr De Fazio has developed his own surgical FUE Hair Transplant technique and prides himself on achieving the most natural looking results. Dr De Fazio is available at our London Harley Street clinic.
Dr Furqan Raja is a Hair Transplant Surgeon based in Yorkshire. He is passionate in delivering quality care for his patients and maintains a special interest in restorative hair transplant surgery for burns victims and those with scarring. Dr Raja is available at our clinics in London Harley Street, Manchester and Leeds.
Dr Ismail Ughratdar is a Consultant Neurosurgeon and Hair Transplant Surgeon. His extensive experience of performing awake procedures for brain surgeries naturally makes him very experienced in performing hair transplant surgery procedures and is able to perform perform advanced FUE Hair Transplant cases. Dr Ismail is available at our Birmingham clinic.