Typically, all men will experience a receding hairline as it is just a natural part of ageing. In some cases however your receding hairline could actually be an early warning sign of baldness or balding.
There is a relatively fine line between male pattern baldness and having a mature hairline. From the age of 17 you may notice your hairline receding but the speed and extent that this happens will vary but generally if you notice your hairline receding at more of a rapid rate and further than the standard 1.5cm from your original hairline then you may be experiencing male pattern baldness.
Can a FUE hair transplant restore my natural hairline?
When it comes to restoring your hairline, keeping it natural is the key part. If you were to get your hairline restored to its juvenile status compared to how you generally age, this will begin to look very unnatural as all men will experience their hairline receding gradually as they age.
The Norwood scale is a great method to determine the severity of you hair loss and an FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) hair transplant is a great way to restore a receding hairline that is on Stage 3 of the Norwood hair loss scale – known as the first stage of balding.
FUE hair transplant procedure
An FUE hair transplant procedure or follicular unit extraction procedure is an industry leading hair transplantation technique and the type that we most regularly perform here at The Private Clinic.
The FUE technique is a highly specialised technique that is favoured due to its high quality results, minimal scarring and low recovery time post-procedure.
During your procedure, hair follicles will be extracted individually from your donor area which is usually at the back of your head. Once this first part of the procedure is done, you will move into stage 2 which is where the follicles are implanted into the areas marked out by your surgeon – these are typically your hair line, crown of your head and sides.
It takes a skilled hair transplantation surgeon to carefully plan and mark out your hairline in order to give you the most natural looking result. To read more about how planning of a hair line is important see our previous blog here.
Why choose The Private Clinic?
- Highly experienced Hair Transplant Surgeons who have decades of experience and who have carried out thousands of hair transplants.
- The Private Clinic prides itself on ensuring you have the best quality and most comprehensive care.
- 24 hour patient helpline to ensure you are always in the best of hands.
- As many post-operative care and appointments with your Hair Transplant surgeon and nursing team as required.
- Comprehensive patient information, every step of the way.
- Outstanding clinic facilities.
- Our excellent reputation for patient safety and satisfaction, honest advice and outstanding care means your journey with The Private Clinic will be an exciting experience to a new hairline.
- View our gallery of FUE Hair Transplant before and after results here.
- Hear from previous hair transplant patients by reading their stories here.
- Read our extensive Hair Transplant FAQs
- Find out more information in our Hair Transplant blogs
- Consultations available in London Harley Street, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester and Northampton.
- We are able to offer finance solutions with manageable payments to suit a variety of budgets.
Hair Transplant Surgeons at The Private Clinic
- Dr Michael Mouzakis S.C.F in Plastic Surgery, GMC Number: 7237640
- Dr Ismail Ughratdar, MB ChB, GMC Number: 6103427
- Dr Furqan Raja, MB ChB, GMC Number: 7419667
- Dr Luca De Fazio MD, BSc, MSc, GMC Number: 7095123
- Dr Raghu Reddy MBBS, MRCHP, DPD, GMC Number: 6041095
If you would like to discuss your hair transplant options, please call 03339209135 or use our online hair transplant contact form.