Time is precious and we are seeing an increase in patients now who do not want the downtime that is associated with many surgical procedures. Non-surgical treatments are a great alternative and can often give long-lasting results with limited downtime to suit even the busiest of patients.
The Handy Plasma non-surgical eyelift treatment is a new way to help improve the appearance of sagging eyelids and eye bags that were previously best treated with a surgical blepharoplasty procedure. Facial surgery can be difficult to conceal and does often result in patients needing to take additional days off work and away from social events to allow for any bruising or swelling to subside.
The handy plasma treatment does still have a period of downtime, but in comparison to surgery; patients are able to return to their everyday lives a lot quicker.
The procedure uses a Plexr® Plasma Pen device applicator which ionises the gas particles in the air between the device tip and the skin emitting a small electric arc which creates a substance known as plasma. Plasma causes the tissue in the area being treated to go from being solid to a gas state therefore instantly vaporizing the excess skin and tightening what remains. A carbon crust is then left on the area which can take 10 days to fully heal.
Handy Plasma Non-Surgical Eyelift Treatment is available in London Harley Street Skin Clinic
- Dr Luca De Fazio, MD, BSc, MSc, GMC Number: 7095123
One Stitch Facelift & Temporal Facelift
Traditional facelift procedures can come with a lengthy downtime but our one stitch facelift procedure aims to reduce that and allow patients to return to work and social events much sooner than expected. A one stitch facelift or temporal lift is performed under local anaesthetic with a smaller scar but the results are still very effective for patients who are suitable.
The temporal facelift targets the lower face whereas the one stitch facelift focuses on the mid-face and jawline. During the procedure the skin is separated from the fat and muscle below allowing access to the underlying muscle and SMAS membranes are tightened.
Following surgery, many patients are able to return to work the following day although we do suggest that patients allow a day to take some time for themselves following the procedure. Make-up can be worn straight away, although avoiding the incision areas until completely healed. There are no bandages that need to be worn and patients can expect to benefit from the results for years to come.
One Stitch Facelift & Temporal Facelift procedures are available in London Harley Street.
Our expert plastic surgeons will be happy to discuss your concerns in a consultation.
- Consultant Plastic Surgon, Mr Davood Fallahdar, BSc, MB ChB (Hons), MD FRCS (Plast), MicroSurg (Hons), ORL H&NSurg, GMC Number: 4686602
- Consultant Plastic Surgon, Mr Roberto Uccellini MD, GMC Number: 7416337
Bunion surgery traditionally required extensive downtime with many patients being off their feet for a number of weeks but our new minimally invasive bunion surgery procedure allows patients to walk immediately after surgery. The revolutionary keyhole procedure is able to remove bunions from the foot under local anaesthetic with no need for any fixative devices such as screws, plates or wires.
The bunion is treated by creating small and precise fractures that are referred to as geometric fractures to correct the deformity and modify the bones of the foot. The foot is then left free to allow it to heal naturally and patients are encouraged to bear weight on your foot shortly after your procedure to encourage the correct physiological readjustments. Many patients are able to return to work or everyday tasks after 1-2 days however an orthopaedic shoe will need to be worn during the recovery process but patients will be able to walk unaided and without pain following surgery.
Consultations for Minimally Invasive Bunion Removal Surgery are available in our London Harley Street clinic
- Dr Andrea Bianchi, GMC Number: 7093105 is an experienced orthopaedic consultant sureon who has carried out over 50,000 Orthopaedic minimally invasive foot surgeries and carries out and over 1,000 minimally invasive bunion surgery cases a year.
Non-Surgical Nose Job
A Rhinoplasty or surgical nose job procedure can be one of the most identifiable plastic surgery procedures due to the bandaging required and bruising that often occurs. The non-surgical nose job is a great alternative for those seeking nose reshaping surgery without the downtime.
A non-surgical nose job involves injecting dermal filler into the nose to subtly correct issues such as a dorsal hump, crooked nose and cartilage irregularities at the tip of the nose. It is a quick procedure that does not require any hospital visits and patients can see the results almost immediately after treatment.
Patients may experience some slight swelling following treatment but many are able to return to work immediately after treatment. The results are not permanent but can last anywhere from 6-18 months.
- Dr Hanson MBBS MSc MBCAM. GMC Number: 6136433
- Dr Rosa Santa Cruz MD, PhD. GMC Number: 7441197
- Dr Richard Brighton-Knight MBChB. GMC Number: 4196903
- Dr Simon Connolly MBChB. GMC Number: 3068292
- Mel Recchia RGN
- Dawn Lisa, RGN, RN(Child), SCPHN, PG Dip, BSc (Hons)
- Ruth Atkins RGN
- Lesley Dean RGN
- Marie Narsoomamode RGN, BSc. NMC Reference No: 92A1045E
- Ann Hampson RGN
Previously the best way to remove varicose veins was to undergo vein stripping surgery which was carried out under general anaesthetic and required an overnight stay in hospital followed by a long recovery process at home. The National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) now suggest that vein stripping should no longer be used now that the minimally invasive options are able to outperform the older techniques.
At The Private Clinic we offer our patients a variety of minimally invasive varicose vein removal procedures such as Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA) which is considered the NICE gold standard treatment for varicose veins.
EVLA is performed under local anaesthetic and involves using laser heat to collapse the wall of the varicose veins to destroy the cause of the problem. The procedure takes under an hour to perform and patients are able to return home shortly afterwards. The downtime after EVLA is low with many patients able to return to work the following day.
- Mr Constantinos Kyriakides, MD, FRCS(Gen). GMC 3275436, Consultant Vascular surgeon based in our Harley street, London Varicose vein clinic
- Mr Dynesh Rittoo, MBChB, FRCS (Eng), FRCS (Gen Surg). GMC 3556456, Consultant Vascular surgeon based in our Harley street, London Varicose vein clinic
- Mr Charles Ranaboldo, BM, FRCS, MS. GMC Number: 2939195, Consultant Vascular surgeon based in our Bristol Varicose vein clinic
- Professor Rajiv Kumar Vohra, MBBS. GMC Number: 3158700, Consultant Vascular surgeon based in our Birmingham Varicose vein clinic
- Mr Tahir Hussain, MBBS, MS, FRCS. GMC Number: 3242669, Consultant Vascular surgeon based in our Leeds and Manchester Varicose vein clinics
- Mr Rajiv Pathak, MBBS, MS, FRCS, FRCS (Gen). GMC Number: 4585309, Consultant Vascular surgeon based in our Northampton, Birmingham, Bristol and Manchester Varicose vein clinic
- Mr Ferdinand Serracino-Inglott, MD, FRCSI, FRCS(Gen), DIC MSc. GMC Number: 5206200, Consultant Vascular surgeon based in our Manchester Varicose vein clinic
- Dr Mo Faris, FRCR, MRCP, MBBS, BSc. GMC Number: 6030229, Consultant Interventional Radiologist based in our Bexhill Varicose vein clinic
Minimally Invasive Treatments at The Private Clinic
We are proud to have pioneered the widest range of minimally-invasive, surgical, medical-cosmetic and aesthetic treatments catered to the individual needs of our patients. Our expert surgeons, doctors and nurses are amongst the most experienced in their field, and you can rest assured that you are being offered honest advice and the most suitable treatment for you.
We pride ourselves of using state-of-the-art technologies and the most advanced techniques in order to achieve the best results for patients with minimal disruption to their everyday life. We perform walk-in walk-out procedures where suitable that don’t require general anaesthetic, overnight stays or long recovery periods.
To find out more about our minimally invasive procedure, please call 0333 920 2471 or use our online contact form to request a call back.