Mr Tahir Hussain
Consultant General and Vascular Surgeon
GMC Number: 3242669 (listed as Mr Syed Tahir Hussain)
- MBBS (London, 1987)
Mr Tahir Hussain has been a consultant in vascular surgery for over 10 years. He specialises in all aspects of venous care particularly minimally invasive surgery for varicose veins.
Mr Hussain is an expert in all the minimally invasive procedures for varicose veins including Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA) and VenaSeal as well as Phlebectomy and Foam Sclerotherapy procedures.
Mr Hussain is passionate about treating venous diseases and provides a supportive and understanding approach in his consultations with patients to ensure that they get the best care and most suitable treatment for your needs.
- Medical Defence Union (MDU)
- General Medical Council – GMC Number: 3242669
- Vision Sciences Society (VSS)
- Royal College of Surgeons (RCS)
- Awarded Hunterian Professor Award in 1996 for his outstanding work in volumetric blood flow analysis of flow and bifurcations in the lower limb
- Awarded a Higher Surgical Degree (Master of Surgery)
Research led by Tahir Hussain, Professional Recognition and Press
Mr Tahir Hussain is published widely and has written over 100 articles, case reports, book chapters and other publications. He is also heavily involved in education and has been a Tutor at the Royal College of Surgeons for the past ten years where he organises courses for junior doctors who are aiming to be the surgeons of the future.