Mr Constantinos Kyriakides
Consultant Vascular Surgeon
GMC Number : 3275436
- FRCS (Gen)
- FRCS (Gen Surg)
Mr Kyriakides is a qualified Consultant Vascular surgeon and a fellow of Harvard Medical School. He is a consultant to Barts and The London NHS Trust running a busy practice in all aspects of vascular surgery. Mr Kyriakides has a particular interest in the field of minimally invasive vascular surgery as well as investigating the role of new technologies and techniques in the management of the arterial and venous diseases.
Mr Kyriakides specialist interests and conditions to treat include:
- Carotid Disease and Stroke.
- Aortic (abdominal and thoracic) Aneurysms and Dissections.
- Diabetic and Peripheral Vascular Disease.
- Axillary and Palmar Hyperhidrosis.
- Arteriovenous Malformations.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.
- Lymphoedema and Lipodema.
- Vasculitis and Raynaud’s disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).
- Venous Leg Ulcers.
- Varicose veins.
- Thread veins or Spider Veins.
- Pelvic Congestion.
- Hand Veins.
Mr Kyriakides has also pioneered the use of EVLA as a treatment for veins on the hands and he is one of very few surgeons in Europe trained in this revolutionary technique.
Mr Kyriakides will be consulting from our clinic in London Harley Street.
- The Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVS)
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ASGBI)
- General Medical Council (GMC Number: 3275436)
Research Led by Mr Kyriakides, Professional Recognition and Press
- Featured in Tatler’s Beauty & Cosmetic Surgery Guide 2019 Top Doctors
- Featured in Embarrassing Bodies TV Program
- The effects of Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA) on venous haemondynamics and tissue perfusion in the lower limb. Nnamdi Nwaejike MD Research Thesis 2011. University of London.
- 64-section CT angiography in patients with critical limb ischaemia and severe claudication: Comparison with digital subtractive angiography. Fotiadis N, Kyriakides C, Bent C, Vorvolakos T, Matson M. Clin Radiol. 2011 Oct;66(10):945-52.
- Ultrasound microbubble contrast and current clinical applications. Dindyal S, Kyriakides C. Recent Pat Cardiovasc Drug Discov. 2011 Jan;6(1):27-41.
- Endovenous laser ablation for the treatment of recurrent varicose vein disease–a single centre experience. Nwaejike N, Srodon PD, Kyriakides C. Int J Surg. 2010;8(4):299-301.
- Application of autologous derived-platelet rich plasma gel in the treatment of chronic wound ulcer: diabetic foot ulcer. Akingboye AA, Giddins S, Gamston P, Tucker A, Navsaria H, Kyriakides C. J Extra Corpor Technol. 2010 Mar;42(1):20-9.
- Total percutaneous aortic repair: midterm outcomes. Bent CL, Fotiadis N, Renfrew I, Walsh M, Brohi K, Kyriakides C, Matson M. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2009 May;32(3):449-54.
- Tips for successful endovenous laser ablation. Durai R, Kyriakides C. Acta Chir Belg. 2009 Jul-Aug;109(4):551-4.
- Laser avulsion. Durai R, Kyriakides C. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2009 Mar;91(2):166
- 5-years of endovenous laser ablation (EVLA) for the treatment of varicose veins–a prospective study. Nwaejike N, Srodon PD, Kyriakides C. Int J Surg. 2009 Aug;7(4):347-9.
- Operative repair of an incidentally diagnosed giant hepatic artery aneurysm. Vulliamy P, Shrilekha A, Fotiadis N, Kyriakides C. JSCR 2011; 3:1
- A review of cilostazol, a phosphodiesterase inhibitor, and its role in preventing both coronary and peripheral arterial restenosis following endovascular therapy. Dindyal S, Kyriakides C. Recent Pat Cardiovasc Drug Discov. 2009 Jan;4(1):6-14.
- Endovenous laser ablation for short saphenous vein incompetence. Nwaejike N, Srodon PD, Kyriakides C. Ann Vasc Surg. 2009 Jan-Feb;23(1):39-42.
- Endovenous laser ablation for superficial venous insufficiency. Durai R, Srodon PD, Kyriakides C.Int J Clin Pract. 2010 Jan;64(1):61-6.
- Multiple intrahepatic artery aneurysms in a patient with Behçet’s disease: use of transcatheter embolization for rupture. Ahmed I, Fotiadis NI, Dilks P, Kocher HM, Fotheringham T, Matson M. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2010 Apr;33(2):398-401.
- Popliteal cystic adventitial disease causing intermittent claudication in a young athlete: a case report. Sharma P, Padhiar N, Kyriakides C. South Med J. 2008 Nov;101(11):1154-6.
- Stenting as an alternative to open repair in traumatic superficial femoral artery injuries. Durai R, Kyriakides C.South Med J. 2008 Sep;101(9):963-6.
Femoral artery stenosis following percutaneous closure using a starclose closure device. Bent CL, Kyriakides C, Matson M. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2008 Jul-Aug;31(4):814-6.
- Surveillance of patients post-endovascular aneurysm repair. Sharma P, Kyriakides C. Postgrad Med J. 2007 Dec;83(986):750-3
- Endovascular management of acute blunt traumatic thoracic aortic injury: a single center experience. Bent CL, Matson MB, Sobeh M, Renfrew I, Uppal R, Walsh M, Brohi K, Kyriakides C. Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2007 Nov;46(5):920-7.
- Transoesophageal echocardiogram identifying the source of endoleak after combined open/endovascular repair of a type 3 thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm. Barkhordarian R, Kyriakides C, Mayet J, Clark M, Cheshire N. Ann Vasc Surg. 2004 Mar;18(2):246-9. Erratum in: Ann Vasc Surg. 2004 Jul;18(4):504.
- 11-year experience with anatomical and extra-anatomical repair of mycotic aortic aneurysms. Kyriakides C, Kan Y, Kerle M, Cheshire NJ, Mansfield AO, Wolfe JH. Eur Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery. 2004 Jun;27(6):585-9.
- A rare case of type A aortic dissection presenting as acute lower limb ischaemia. Afnán J, Shipolini A, Kyriakides C. Eur Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery. 2004 May;27(5):563-4.
- Screening of abdominal aortic aneurysm: a pragmatic approach. Kyriakides C, Byrne J, Green S, Hulton NR. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2000 Jan;82(1):59-63.