Dr Andrea Bianchi
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
GMC Number: 7093105
- Faculty of Medicine and Surgery (1983-1989)
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery (1989)
- Registration as Doctor of Medicine (1989-1992)
- Specialisation College in Orthopaedics and Traumatology (1989-1994)
Mr Andrea Bianchi is a consultant orthopaedic surgeon who specialised in orthopaedics and traumatology at the University of the Studies of Perugia. Since then, Dr Andrea Bianchi has developed a unique and innovative minimally invasive surgical procedure technique for the treatment of a number of very common but usually painful foot conditions, including bunions, hammertoes and rigid toes.
Since 1995, Dr Bianchi and his dedicated team have worked together to develop a surgical approach to treating foot conditions inspired by keyhole surgery techniques. Dr Bianchi’s specialised technique allows patients with bunions to have their feet treated with no need for lengthy downtimes, no pins and no wires that are often associated with traditional bunion surgery.
Having devoted the past 10 years of his career to the treatment of feet, Dr Bianchi has perfected his approach to such standards that he now delivers this treatment in hospitals all over Italy. Since 1989 Dr Andrea Bianchi has performed more than 50,000 Orthopaedic minimally invasive foot surgeries and carries out over 1,000 minimally invasive bunion surgery cases a year.
- General Medical Council of Doctors and Dentists for the Province of Perugia
- Swiss General Medical Council
- French General Medical Council
- General Medical Council – GMC Number: 7093105
Research Led by Andrea Bianchi, Professional Recognition and Press
- Blitz your bunions in 30 minutes with revolutionary new surgical treatment – Mirror
- These are set to be the biggest cosmetic surgery trends for 2019 – Marie Claire
- 5 cosmetic ‘tweakment’ trends expected to soar in 2019 – Harper’s Bazaar
- Is one of the biggest cosmetic surgery trends for 2019 inspired by Meghan Markle? – Grazia
- Director of the Italian branch of the USA based Academy of Ambulatory Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Regular host of Italian TV news channels as a leading expert in bunion surgery
Mr Andrea Bianchi part of the PBS Training Centre, a group of surgeons, physiatrists, physiotherapists, podiatrists, orthopaedic technicians and secretarial coordinators who are constantly stimulated by the search for continual innovation. The minimally invasive bunion surgery technique also known as the PBS procedure is a result of this research.