Wayne Rooney, at 27, had a ‘top up’ second hair transplant, over the weekend, as part of his hair restoration treatment – the first of which he had done in 2011.
The Manchester United star is reportedly very happy with the results. Some clinics reported that hair transplant bookings have been up 25% in the wake of Rooney’s hair loss transformation in 2011.
Back in 2011, Rooney opened up about the procedure on twitter, saying: ‘Just to confirm to all my followers I have had a hair transplant. I was going bald at 25, why not? I’m delighted with the result.‘
See news article here
9 Hours for a Second Hair Transplant: Easier than You Imagine
Lots of the news stories focused around the fact that the hair transplant procedure took around 9 hours which may sound excessive but that is roughly how long a hair transplant typically takes to perform.
During a hair transplant procedure many patients choose to watch television, listen to music or use their phone or tablet to pass the time. You could even pop in a DVD boxset you have been meaning to catch up on. Naturally, the local anaesthetic and the time-frame involved also means many patients simply nod off. The tugging sensation many patients report is mild enough for them to sleep through.
Another added benefit of an FUE hair transplant over the older ‘strip’ method, which leaves a linear scar and requires considerable downtime afterwards while it heals is that with an FUE transplant, you can hop back to work quickly, saving you valuable time and a further clearer indication that the procedure involves little discomfort.
Second Hair Transplants
It is also common for patients to further manage their hair loss with another hair transplant in order to achieve a more desirable aesthetic look – in Rooney’s case this was planned. However, it’s not always necessary and many of our patients continue to be happy with their results for many, many years. It is dependent on the individual and the quality of their scalp and hair follicles – something our Hair Transplant Surgeons will be able to examine and explain in greater detail at a consultation.
The Benefits of an FUE Hair Transplant at The Private Clinic of Harley Street over a FUT ‘Strip’ Transplant
- It’s possible to comfortably fall asleep during the procedure.
- You can watch TV, listen to the radio and even read a book.
- Very little discomfort.
- Scarring is hardly even visible and you can even choose to shave your head without any worries.
- Very little downtime, meaning you can get back to work promptly.
- You may be suitable for an unshaven FUE hair transplant (UFUE), for the ultimate indiscretion.
- You will be treated by leading experts in the field, offering you long-term advice and medical expertise.
- Further hair loss can be effectively treated with hair loss medications available from our Hair Transplant Surgeons.
- Men and women of all skin types can be treated by our experts – something that requires considerable experience.
- You can have an eyebrow or facial hair transplants if you have patchy or little hair in the region (over-plucking, injury or genetics can all be responsible).
FUE Hair Transplants at The Private Clinic
The Private Clinic of Harley Street only offer the latest FUE Hair Transplants from our two highly experienced and trained Hair Transplant Surgeons:
- Dr Furqan Raja, MB ChB, GMC Number: 7419667
- Mr Michael Mouzakis S.C.F in Plastic Surgery, GMC Number: 7237640
- Dr Luca De Fazio MD, BSc, MSc, GMC Number: 7095123
- Dr Ismail Ughratdar, MB ChB, GMC Number: 6103427
We only offer procedures we know can work and offer patients a permanent and effective solution to an issue or problem.
The Private Clinic prides itself on ensuring you have the best quality and most comprehensive care:
- You will be treated by highly experienced Doctors. Our Hair Transplant surgeons are specialised in FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) and treat hundreds of patients every year.
- FUE is a minimally invasive treatment(meaning there is no cutting of a strip), and carried out under local anaesthetic – many patients either watch TV, or even fall asleep during the procedure.
- Unlike the Strip (FUT) procedure, you won’t require any stitches after your treatment. This means that the recovery time is also reduced when compared to the Strip surgery.
- We use the finest instruments, resulting in as minimal trauma to your scalp as possible.
- Thanks to our advanced skills and techniques, our team ensure that the donor area looks intact after the hair transplant procedure and you can keep your hair really short if you prefer without any obvious scarring.
- We work by hair, not per graft – this ensures that only the strongest, healthiest follicles are selected for your transplant procedure.
- Your results will look natural, with denser packing – the hair is implanted in the direction that matches your hair growth, and because we select healthy follicles, the treated area will look densely filled.
- Our surgeons also offer the Unshaven Hair Transplant (U-FUE) to those who prefer not to shave beforehand. At your consultation, we will be able to advise you on whether an unshaven procedure is suitable for you.
- Scars resulting from injuries or previous surgeries can also be corrected with our FUE for Scar Repair procedure.
- You are entitled to as many post-operative care and appointments with your Hair Transplant surgeon and the nursing team as required.
- See our FUE hair transplant before and after results photo gallery
- Read our extensive hair transplant FAQs
- Hear from previous Hair Transplant patients in our patient stories and videos
- Find out more information in our hair transplant blogs
To find out more about FUE Hair Transplants, please call 0333 920 2471 or use our hair transplant online contact form.