Mr Adel Fattah
For bookings please call
Consultant Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon
GMC Number: 4764599
- PhD University of London, 1999
- FRCS (plast)
Consultant Plastic Surgeon Mr Adel Fattah is renowned for his personable nature and the trust he builds with his patients. He is dedicated to patient safety and satisfaction and aims to attain the best results for all of his patients.
Graduating from Cambridge University, he has undertaken extensive training in plastic surgery in London and North America with both nationally and internationally recognised experts in the field. He is also the first British-trained surgeon to have achieved Distinction for the post-graduate Diploma of Aesthetic Surgery from the University of London.
Mr Fattah undertakes all areas of general plastic surgery but has a special interest in:
- Breast and facial surgery
- Male chest reduction
- Ear correction. Mr Fattah introduced prominent ear correction surgery without the use of head bandages, instead of using tissue glue as a dressing to allow patients to shower easily the day after surgery.
Mr Fattah is available for consultations at our Manchester clinic.
- Member of The British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery (BAPRAS)
- Member of The British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS)
- Member of AO North America (cranio-maxillo-facial) (a nonprofit which offers accredited educational opportunities in the divisions of Trauma, Spine, Craniomaxillofacial, Neurological and Veterinary surgery)
- Member of The Sir Charles Bell Society (Non-profit multidisciplinary medical organization founded in 1992 in Cologne. The intent of the SCBS is to concentrate knowledge and to present a platform of exchange for all people and professions dealing with facial nerve problems.)
- Member of The Facial Palsy UK Medical Advisory Board
- Full registration with The General Medical Council with a license to practice and an entry on the Specialist Register as Plastic Surgeon (GMC Number: 4764599)
- Winner of the WK Lindsay HSC Plastic Surgery Research Prize for “Creation of a 3D Digital Model of the Gracilis Muscle: Application to Free Functioning Muscle Transfer”. – 2013
- KLS-Martin American Association of Maxillofacial Surgery Travel Scholarship. – 2012
- William Harvey Scholarship, University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine. – 1998-1999
- Jakoby Prize for Research, awarded by University of Wales College of Medicine. – 1995
Research led by Adel Fattah, Professional Recognition and Press
Mr Adel Fattah has strong research ethic evidenced by his publication record of over 40 peer reviewed publications. He is frequently invited to lecture at international scientific meetings and contribute to textbooks.
- Preparation and use of Babysitter Nerves in Facial Reanimation – Chung K et al. Eds Operative Techniques in Plastic Surgery – Fattah AY
- Craniofacial Syndromes: Genetics, Embryology and Clinical Relevance -Pediatric Plastic Surgery Eds. – Fattah AY, 2015
- Facial Palsy and Reconstruction in Children – Paediatric Otolaryngology. Ed. – Sadri A and Fattah AY, 2014
- Facial Reanimation in Children and Adults – Boyd, B and Jones, N Eds. Operative Microsurgery – Fattah A, et al, 2014
- Craniofacial Growth and Development and the Management of Craniofacial Malformations – Bluestone and Stool’s Pediatric Otolaryngology 5th Edition – Fattah A, et al, 2014