You may well come across clinic websites offering EVLA and EVLT and it can be confusing as EVLT is the original EVLA treatment and now one of many EVLA treatments. Still confused? Don’t worry we’ll explain it all for you below.
EVLA vs EVLT (ELT)?
EVLA stands for Endovenous Laser Ablation. It is any varicose vein treatment that uses laser heat energy to target and break down varicose veins. It is not a registered trademark or patented, unlike EVLT, which should technically be EVLT® (registered symbol) or you may see EVLT™ (trademark symbol).
EVLT stands for Endovenous Laser Treatment or Endovenous Laser Therapy. It is sometimes simply referred to as ELT. EVLT is a patented treatment that used an 810 nm diode laser. Back in 2000, it was also a new and effective treatment that used heat from the laser to break down the varicose vein. Subsequently as the treatment’s popularity rocketed, naturally others wanted to offer the effective treatment: so EVLA became a popular general term to describe laser ablation treatments like EVLT.
EVLA simply means a collection of treatments using varying wavelengths of lasers (including 940 nm, 1064 nm and 1320 nm) and equipment but with a similar method and result. Today, well over 10 years after EVLT’s introduction, there are many EVLA procedures available, including EVLT.
Please do discuss with one of our vascular surgeons at a consultation any questions you have about the wavelength and equipment used in our EVLA procedure. We think the best patient is an informed patient and we welcome lots of questions.
The Private Varicose Vein Clinic
The Private Clinic offers the latest, most advanced and least invasive varicose vein treatments from our experienced and highly qualified of dedicated vascular surgeons. We only use the top surgeons in the UK for our varicose vein treatments.
Why choose The Private Varicose Vein Clinic:
- The least invasive method for varicose veins and thread veins removal treatment for your legs, body and face.
- Our Consultant vascular surgeons are pioneers in EVLA (Endovenous Laser Ablation) and have treated thousands of patients.
- We offer EVLA, VenaSeal, Foam Sclerotherapy and Phlebectomy procedures to help remove Varicose Veins.
- No lengthy downtime or recovery required.
- The NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence) Gold Standard for treatment of Varicose Veins findings show that the success rate after five years for EVLA is 95.4%.
- A consultation with one of our Consultant Vascular Surgeons costs £150, including a free ultrasound scan of your legs (usually priced between £350 and £450 at most clinics and private hospitals).
- We focus on the underlying cause of your veins and you will only see a Consultant Vascular surgeon for varicose veins.
- We have treated thousands of patients who have regained their confidence whilst avoiding health issues.
- Treatment takes one hour, you can go home shortly after being treated.
- Owing to our success, we have been featured on Channel 4’s Embarrassing Bodies , TLC’s My Naked Secret and featured in Harper’s Bazaar’s Cosmetic Tweakment Trends for 2019.
- We have carried out over 7,000 procedures in treating Veins.
- View our varicose vein before and after result photos
- Read our extensive varicose vein FAQs
- Hear from previous patients in our varicose vein patient stories
- Find out more in our varicose vein blogs
Our Expert Vascular Surgeons
- Mr Constantinos Kyriakides, MD, FRCS(Gen). GMC 3275436
- Mr Dynesh Rittoo, MBChB, FRCS(Eng), FRCS(Gen Surg). GMC 3556456
- Mr Charles Ranaboldo, BM, FRCS, MS. GMC Number: 2939195
- Professor Rajiv Kumar Vohra, MBBS. GMC Number: 3158700
- Mr Tahir Hussain, MBBS,MS, FRCS. GMC Number: 3242669
- Mr Rajiv Pathak, MBBS, MS, FRCS, FRCS(Gen). GMC Number: 4585309
- Mr Ferdinand Serracino-Inglott, MD, FRCSI, FRCS(Gen), DIC MSc. GMC Number: 5206200
Varicose Vein Consultations are available at London Harley Street, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Bournemouth, Bexhill and Northampton, To find out more about varicose vein removal near you please call us on 0333 920 2471 or use our varicose veins online contact form.