1 NO OBLIGATION CONSULTATION
When it comes to enquiring about Vaser Liposuction, you will be offered a choice of two options; a free consultation with a patient advisor or a consultation with a fee with a Vaser Liposuction surgeon. In selected locations only a consultation with the surgeon is available.
If you decide to see a patient advisor first please be aware that a patient advisor is not medically trained and is only available to offer advice and guidance on the patient journey here at The Private Clinic rather than answer more technical questions.
An initial consultation with a patient advisor can still be very helpful for someone who is still undecided and simply wants a bit more information and some guidance as to whether they may be suitable for surgery or not. Your assigned patient advisor will be able to speak about the procedure in general as well as cover the standard aftercare advice and any risks or potential complications. The patient advisor works closely with the surgeon so they may also be able to offer you basic guidance as to whether you are suitable for the procedure.
After this consultation, you will be given some time to think about what was discussed and if you are still interested you can make an appointment for a second consultation with a surgeon which will be in a lot more detail. If you are after a more in-depth consultation then you are better of seeing your chosen surgeon as your first step.
2 MEET YOUR SURGEON
You will be offered a free consultation with your chosen specialist Vaser Liposuction surgeon. This consultation is held with a view to you having the time to discuss all aspects of the procedure you are considering, as well as talking about other options or concerns if appropriate.
Your surgeon will need to know all aspects of your medical history to ensure that you are suitable for surgery. You will then go on to discuss the types of Vaser Liposuction that are available and the areas suitable for treatment. You will also be able to let your surgeon know your expectations from surgery and they will then be able to let you know the realistic outcome of what can be achieved based on the treatment options that you have selected.
Types of Vaser Liposuction Available are;
- Vaser Liposuction – An ultrasound-assisted technique to reshape your body by removing unwanted stubborn pockets of fat.
- Vaser Hi-Def – A pioneering body contouring treatment to sculpt and define muscles for an athletic result.
- Vaser Mid-Def – A unique Vaser Liposculpture technique that offers results in-between standard vaser and vaser hi-def.
- Vaser 360 – A specialist technique to contour the legs circumferentially.
- Vaser 4D Liposculpt – A specialised and advanced form of VASER Lipo that can acheive impressive definition, whilst allowing the natural movement of muscle groups.
Your surgeon will need to take a look at the areas you wish to have treated and may measure you and take photos for your medical records.
Areas that can be treated by Vaser Liposuction include;
- Chin & Neck
- Male Chest
- Tummy / Abdomen
- Flanks / Love Handles
- Buttocks & Hips
- Inner & Outer Thighs
- Knees and Ankles
After the initial discussions have taken place and your surgeon has taken a look at you, they will be able to accurately recommend the treatment that is most suited to both your needs and your goals. They will then go on to explain the treatment in more detail and go through the potential complications from surgery and anaesthesia if relevant.
In some cases, it may be decided that you are unsuitable or it is not in your best medical interests to proceed with Vaser Liposuction, and the reasons for this will be discussed with you. As this is an elective surgery it is not something to be undertaken if something is likely to compromise your health.
3 BEFORE THE PROCEDURE
Your surgeon will have given you recommendations about how to prepare for your procedure. These will most probably include:
- Stop Smoking.
- Stop taking medications that increase the risk of bleeding such as Aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications.
- Ensure you have someone to take you home after the procedure and someone to assist you during recovery.
- Ensure you have taken time off work.
- Eat healthily in the lead up to your procedure.
- Drink plenty of water.
A full list of recommendations will be given to you by your patient advisor or surgeon and it is very important that you follow these carefully to ensure you are in the best physical health and ready for your procedure.
4 DURING THE PROCEDURE
On the day of your procedure, you will make your way to the hospital or clinic where your procedure is taking place. You will receive all of this information beforehand from your patient coordinator so you will know what time to be there. We recommend wearing or at least bringing loose and comfortable clothing to wear home.
The procedure itself is usually performed under local anaesthetic or under sedation if requested. A small probe is used to transmit the ultrasound energy and liquefy fat cells prior to removal through a gentle suction process. It is a significantly less invasive procedure than traditional liposuction and the time taken will depend on how many areas you are having treated but generally last between one to two hours.
Many patients are able to see the results of the procedure straight away but it is important to remember that you will need to go through a recovery process and that a more accurate time to check your results is about five to six weeks post procedure when any swelling will have subsided.
5 AFTER THE PROCEDURE
Once you have left the hospital or clinic with your friend or family member you will be able to return home and start your recovery process.
Overall Vaser Liposuction does not have a huge amount of downtime and you should be okay to get back to your daily routine within a couple of days but this will all depend on the areas you have had treated and your own personal healing rate.
It is likely there will be some degree of bruising and swelling so avoiding strenuous activities and exercise is advised for at least six weeks. However, don’t spend your time recovering sat down – make sure to stay active and keep moving when possible to minimise swelling.
We recommend attending regular MLD (Manual Lymphatic Drainage)massages to help speed up your recovery; this is a specialist form of gentle and rhythmical pressure massage. It is designed to encourage the body’s natural drainage and removal of excess fluid and waste products from body tissues and it can greatly approve the appearance of swelling as well as leave you feeling relaxed and calm.
At our clinics in our clinics in London Harley Street, Manchester and Leeds we offer Body Ballancer® treatment which is a compression therapy treatment based on Manual Lymphatic Drainage. Ask us about our post-liposuction treatment options.
Other suggestions for Vaser Liposuction aftercare include;
- Eating a balanced diet.
- You may feel bloated and constipated initially so foods rich in fibre are always recommended initially.
- Wear your compression garments for the time required, your surgeon will let you know how long to wear them for, it’s dependant on the areas treated.
- Be prepared for leaking from the small wounds so old sheets and loose dark coloured clothing are advised.
- Be prepared for swelling in areas that were not treated directly as well.
Vaser Liposuction at The Private Clinic
Our specialist vaser liposuction surgeons have performed over 7,000 Vaser Liposuction treatments to date, more than any other clinic in Europe. We have the expertise and experience to ensure that you have the best quality and most comprehensive care including;
- Consultations with specialist surgeons.
- 24-hour patient helpline to ensure you are always in the best of hands.
- As many post-operative care and appointments with your surgeon, doctor and nursing team as required.
- One year cover for all surgical, hospital and nursing care, in case of any medical issue giving you peace of mind*.
- Comprehensive patient information, every step of the way
- Highly experienced surgeons and doctors who have years of experience in vaser liposuction.
- Outstanding hospital facilities.
- Competitively priced for our expertise and experience.
- With over 35 years’ experience of Cosmetic medical Excellence, you are in safe hands.
- Our excellent reputation for patient safety and satisfaction, honest advice and outstanding care means your journey with The Private Clinic will be an exciting experience to a newfound shape.
Our expert surgeons are:
- Dr Dennis Wolf, BSc(Hons), MBBCh, MRCS, DO-HNS. GMC Number: 4773959
- Mr Philip Lim, BSc(Hons), MB ChB, AFRCS(Ed), MRCS(Eng), FRCS(Plast). GMC Number: 4219068
- Mr Roberto Uccellini, MD. GMC Number: 7416337
Consultations for vaser liposuction are available in London Harley Street, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester and Northampton. Please call 0333 920 2471 to book a vaser liposuction consultation or use our vaser liposuction online contact form for more information.