Mr Mark Lloyd
For bookings please call
Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon
GMC Number : 4425050
- BM – University of Southampton (1997)
- MRCS (Eng) – (2001)
- MSc – (Distinction) City University, London (2004)
- IM&T(Health) – Warwick University, Coventry (2005)
- M.Phil – City University, London (2007)
- Registered with Florida State Medical Board, USA (2013)
Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Mr Mark Lloyd graduated with a Bachelor of Medicine from Southampton University in the United Kingdom in 1997. He then went on to commence his general surgical training obtaining his Membership of The Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2001.
Mark was awarded his place on the London training scheme for plastic surgery in 2006. He had a diverse training in hand surgery, burns, microvascular surgery, breast reconstruction, head and neck cancer surgery, facial reanimation, skin cancer surgery, cleft lip & palate and vascular anomalies and ear reconstruction.
Mr Lloyd discovered his passion for treating children with facial differences whilst at Great Ormond Street Hospital and continued his training at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital before being awarded the Craniofacial Fellowship at Birmingham Children’s Hospital followed by a Paediatric Plastic Surgery Fellowship at Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, USA.
Mark was appointed as a Consultant in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Birmingham Children’s Hospital. His NHS practice includes ear reconstruction, correction of craniosynostosis, treatment of large disfiguring vascular birthmarks reconstruction of wounds caused by trauma. Mr Lloyd now works privately at The Private Clinic specialising in; Split Earlobe Correction, Scar Revision, Ear Fold, Prominent Ear Correction, Tribal Ear Correction, Keloid Scar Removal, Mole Removal and Skin Tag Removal.
Memberships and Fellowships
- Membership of The Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2001.
- British Association for Performing Arts Medicine
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in 2012.
- Craniofacial Fellowship at Birmingham Children’s Hospital
- Paediatric Plastic Surgery Fellowship at Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, USA.
- The General Medical Council – GMC Number: 4425050
- Golden Scalpel Award – Best Trainer in Plastic Surgery (2016)
- CMERT Audit Prize Mid Essex Trust (2012)
Research Led by Mr Mark Lloyd
- The embryology of cleft lip and palate, craniosynostosis and the cerebrospinal circulation” Oxford Textbook of Plastic Surgery 2019 (under editing),Lloyd MS
- “Propranolol for surgeons treating haemamgiomas” accepted for publication in the Journal of Craniofacial Surgery July 2019
- “A biographical history through ear reconstruction” accepted for publication in Journal of Craniofacial Surgery 2018, Price J, Lloyd MS
- “Single suture synostosis and isolated cleft palate in non-Apert syndrome patients” accepted for publication in Journal of Craniofacial Surgery 2017, Pezas, T, Slator R, White N, Lloyd MS
- “Accessory Auricles and associated conditions – Systematic Review ” Amirhassankhani S, Lloyd MS. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2018 Mar;29(2):372-375
- “Bioinformatics associated with Conjoined Twin Separation” Commander SJ, Jacques SJ, Lloyd MS, Rushing A, Karlberg H, Buchanan EP. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2018 Jan;29(1):109-111.
- “Tissue engineering strategies in auricular reconstruction” Schroeder MJ, Lloyd MS.
- Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2017 Nov;28(8):2007-2011
- “Surrogate Outcome Measures for Corneal Neurotization in Infants and Children”. Sepehripour S, Lloyd MS, Nishikawa H, Richard B, Parulekar M, Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2017 Jul;28(5): 1167-1170
- “Experiences in performing posterior calvarial distraction” McMillan K, Lloyd MS, Evans M, White N, Nishikawa H, Rodrigues D, Sharp M, Noons P, Solanki G, Dover S. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2017 May;28(3):664-669
- “Microtia and Social Media: Patient versus Physician Perspective of Quality of Information” Sepehripour S, McDermott AL, Lloyd MS. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2017 May; 28(3); 643-645.
- “Review of quantitative outcome analysis of cranial morphology in craniosynostosis” Lloyd MS, Buchanan EP, Khechoyan DY. Journal of Plastic Reconstructive Aesthetic Surgery. 2016 Nov;69(11): 1464-1468.
- “Quality of life in adult patients with syndromic craniosynostosis – from their perspective” Lloyd MS, Venugopal A, Rodrigues D, Nishikawa H, White N, Solanki G, Noons P, Evans M, Dover. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2016;Sep:27(6):1510-4
- “Identical Twins with Crouzon’s Syndrome: Eight year follow up, Genetic Considerations and Operative Management” Lloyd MS, Gerard J, Khechoyan D, Buchanan E – Accepted for publication in Journal of Craniomsxilofacial Surgery Trauma & Reconstruction March 2016
- “Empowerment of Parents of Children With Craniosynostosis by Objective Scoring of Patient Information Websites”, Lloyd MS, Lafferty K, Horton J, Noons P, Dover S, Evans M. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2016 Jun;27(4):874-5
- “Isolated Unilateral Frontosphenoidal Suture Synostosis in Six Patients: Lessons Learned in Diagnosis and Treatment”, Lloyd MS, Rodrigues D, Nishikawa H, White N, Solanki G, Noons P, Evans M, Dover S. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2016 Jun:27(4)871-3
- “Cranial Fasciitis: A Systematic Review and Diagnostic Approach to a Pediatric Scalp Mass”, Wagner RD, Wang EK, Lloyd MS, Lam SK, Khechoyan DY. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2016 Jan;27(1):e65-71
- “Treatment of postpneumonectomy syndrome with tissue expanders: The Great Ormond Street Hospital experience”, Lloyd MS, Wallis C, Muthialu N, Elliott M, Bulstrode, NW, Journal of Plastic Reconstructive Aesthetic Surgery, 2013 Dec 4.
- “The Baux score is dead. Long live the Baux score: A 27 year retrospective cohort study of mortality at a regional burns service”, Roberts G, Lloyd MS, Parker M, Martin R, Philp B, Shelley O, Dziewulski P, , J Acute Care Surg 2012 Jan; 72(1) 251-6.
- “Relief of the pain of neuromas-in-continuity and scarred median and ulnar nerves in the distal forearm and wrist by neurolysis, wrapping in vascularised forearm fascial flaps and adjunctive procedures”, Elliot DE, Lloyd MS, Hazari A, Sauerland S, Anand P J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2010 Sep; 35(7): 575-82
- “Breast reconstruction: a quantitative assessment of the quality of information available to patients”, Macdonald C, Lloyd MS, Mathur B, Ramakrishnan V Journal of Plastic Reconstructive Aesthetic Surgery. 2010 Oct;63(10):e752-3. Epub 2010 Jun 25
- ”Report from the 12th International Perforator Conference Ganga Hospital India”, Lloyd MS, Niranjan N, Journal of Plastic Reconstructive Aesthetic Surgery. 2009 Mar 16
- “Accurate Debridement of Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis using Versajet®”, Dillon, C. Lloyd, MS, Dziewulski, P, , Burns 2010 Jun; 36(4):581-4
- “Response to article, The median artery its potential complications for the radial forearm flap by Varley et al”, Lloyd MS, Niranjan, N, Journal of Plastic Reconstructive Aesthetic Surgery. 2009 Jan;62(1):116. Epub 2008 Oct 25
- “DFSP arising in a BCG scar”, Lloyd MS, Lyons I, Deodhar A, Flemming S European Journal of Plastic Surgery 2008, Vol 32, 1, 37-38
- “The use of liposuction in life-threatening surgical emphysema”, Lloyd MS, Jankowski S, Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009 Feb;123(2):77e-78e
- “Reply to rate of healing in skin-grafted burn wounds”, Lloyd MS, Caulfield R, Dziewulski P, Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008 May;121(5):1867-8; author reply 1868-9
- “BMI and Plastic Surgery Complications”, Lloyd MS, Budny PG Book Chapter in Evidence Based Medicine, Chris Stone, July 2007
- “Designing a Validated Patient Information Website: A Quality Controlled ‘Gateway’ Model Illustrated by Skin Cancer”, Lloyd MS, Clarke A, Parikh A, Butler P, Br J Dermatol. 2007 Nov; 157(5): 1048-9
- “Why Health Informatics will revolutionise Medicine”, Lloyd MS, Parikh A, BMJ Careers, 10th June 2006
- “Patient Information Systems”, Lloyd MS, Parikh A, Health Services Journal, Nov 2005
- “Why I undertook a degree in Health Informatics”, Lloyd MS, UK Health Informatics Today, No 46 Spring 2005; 8-9
- “Formal Decision Trees in Plastic Surgery”, Lloyd MS, Parikh A, Clarke A, Withey S, Butler P Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery 2005; Oct; 116(5): 1550-3
- “Pre-operative Management of the Amputated Limb”, Lloyd MS, Pickford MA, Teo TC, Arnstein P, Emergency Medical Journal 2005;000:1-4
- “Plastic Surgery in Brazil”, Lloyd MS, Pitanguy I, BMJ Careers 7th May 2005
- “Contraindications to Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy”, Lloyd MS, Topping A, Allan R, Powell B, British Journal of Plastic Surgery 2004; 57, 725-727
- “Letter in response to Artificial Intelligence in Medicine”, Butler P, Simmons J, Lloyd MS, McEvoy H, Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons England 2004;86:3-5
- “How to Vaccinate your PC against Cyberbugs”, Lloyd MS, Withey S, Butler P, BMJCareers, 21st August 2004
- “Matador vs. Taurus – Bull Gore Injury”, Lloyd MS, Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England 2004; 86:3-5
- “Eccrine Porocarinoma”, Lloyd MS, El Muttardi N, Robson B, Canadian Journal of Plastic Surgery 2003; Vol 11 No 3
- “Occult Breast Cancer”, Lloyd MS, Nash AG, The Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England; 2001;83:420-424
- “An unusual diagnosis for a swollen limb”, Lloyd MS, Journal of Accident and Emergency medicine; Vol 17, No 5; Sep 2000; 385-38