Varicose veins often appear as bulging veins that are sometimes blue or purple in colour. For many, varicose veins are just an unsightly appearance but for others they can take on other symptoms too such as aching legs and swollen ankles. Choosing to proceed with surgery to remove your varicose veins can be a complicated process and knowing how to find the right vascular surgeon and clinic is an important factor to achieving the best results.
Unfortunately Varicose Vein removal on the NHS is not common. Your suitability for surgery would depend on the severity of your symptoms so for those who are not necessarily in pain from varicose veins but just don’t like the appearance of their varicose veins it is likely that you would be refused treatment. Following this, many patients decide to look in the private health sector for varicose vein removal treatments.
How to choose the right vascular surgeon?
When you have a surgical procedure through the NHS you often wouldn’t have an option of deciding who performs your operation but when searching for varicose vein treatments you will have the advantage of being able to choose from some of the best surgeons in the industry. Here are some tips to help you pick the top vascular surgeon;
- Check to see if your surgeon is board certified. When researching your surgeon, you should be searching to see if they are members of the relevant societies. Surgeons who are members of The Vascular Society for Great Britain and Ireland and/or the European Society for Vascular Surgery will have most likely had additional training and meet additional requirements to qualify them to refer to themselves as an expert in vein treatments.
- Ask how many patients they have treated. When meeting with a vascular surgeon you are entitled to ask them how many procedures they have performed or how many they perform on average a year. Expert vascular surgeons are highly sought after and are often very busy. Choosing a surgeon who is busy means you are getting a professional that performs varicose vein removal procedures on a regular basis.
- Ask for recommendations. If you know of friends or family members who have had previous varicose vein removal surgery, ask for their recommendations of surgeons. You can also check through review websites such as trustpilot to see what other patients have to say about the surgeons and clinic you are researching.
- Meet with your surgeon. Before you book in for any type of varicose vein removal procedure you should be meeting with your surgeon so if you are offered this otherwise it should act as a red flag. Not only will the surgeon be able to examine you and suggest the most appropriate procedure but this is also your chance to ask questions and also get a feel for the surgeons personality. You should feel comfortable around your surgeon and having a good relationship with your surgeon always sets the path for a stress free and relaxed surgical journey.
At The Private Clinic we pride ourselves on being able to offer not only some of the top UK vascular surgeons but some of the least invasive methods of Varicose vein removal including the NICE Gold Standard treatment EVLA (Endovenous Laser Ablation) and VenaSeal. Our surgeons have treated thousands of patients who have regained their confidence and avoided any potential health issues.
Varicose Vein Treatments near me
We offer varicose vein removal procedures across the UK including;
London Harley Street Veins clinic
Our specalist veins clinic on Harley Street in London is easily commutable from surrounding areas including; Bayswater, Hyde Park, Green Park, Soho, Notting hill, Kings Road, Kensington, South Kensington, Chelsea, Fulham, Battersea, Regents Park, St Johns Wood, Primrose Hill, Victoria, West End, Marylebone, Knightsbridge, Belgravia, Mayfair, Holland Park, Earls court and Fitzrovia.
Birmingham veins clinic
Our specialist veins clinic in Birmingham is easily commutable from surrounding areas including; Lichfield, Sutton Coldfield, Solihull, Shrewsbury, Kidderminster, Hampton in Arden, Leamington Spa, Stratford, Edgbaston and Harborne.
Bristol veins clinic
Our specialist veins clinic in Bristol is located in Clifton which is easily commutable from surrounding areas including; Bedminster, Cotham, Kingsdown, Leigh Woods, Totterdown, Redcliffe, Redland, St Pauls Bristol, St Phillips Bristol, Westbury on Trym, Portishead, Henleaze, Winterbourne, Frampton Cotterell, Almondsbury, Bath, Clevedon, Downend, Frenchay and Hambrook
Bexhill veins clinic
Our specialist veins clinic in Bexhill is located at an equal distance from Brighton and Kent, between Eastbourne and Hastings. It is also not far from Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Rye, Tenderten, Benenden, Canterbury, Folkestone, Ashford, Haywards Heath, Horam, Hailsham, Battle, Burwash, Bodian, Robertsbridge, Fairlight, Peasmarsh, Wadhurst, Cranbrook and Woodchurch.
Bournemouth veins clinic
Our specialist veins clinic in Bournemouth is is located not far from Poole and is ideally placed to be accessible for residents of the South Coast, Dorset and Hampshire regions. Its also not far to travel from the Isle of Wight.
Leeds vein clinic
Our specialist veins clinic in Leeds is easily commutable from the surrounding areas of; Farsley, Leeds city centre, Methley, Oulton, Stanningley, Yeadon, Roundhay, Chappel Allerton, Scarcroft, Headingly, Wetherby, Pudsey, Calderdale, Kirklees, Otley, Harrogate, York, South Yorkshire, Sheffield and Doncaster.
Manchester veins clinic
Our specialist vein clinic in Manchester is easily commutable from surrounding areas including; Hale/Hale Barns, Bowdon, Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, Macclesfield, Leigh, Prestbury, Nantwich, Tarporley, Knutsford, Worsley, Altrincham, Cheadle and Deansgate.
Northampton veins clinic
Our specialist vein clinic in Northampton is easily commutable from the surrounding areas of Northamptonshire including; Yardley Hastings, Collingtree Park, Boughton, East Hunsbury, Great Brington , West Hunsbury, Great Houghton, Grange Park, Little Houghton, Abington, Maidwell, Golf Lane, Harrington, Sandy Lane, Chapel Brampton, Wootton, Kelmarsh,, Abington Vale, Grendon , Weston, Kislingbury, Althorpe, Quinton, Ashton, Harlestone, Upper Harlestone, Guilsborough, Roade, Stanwick, Wellingborough, Raunds and areas from the East Midlands, Leicester, Peterborough, Northants, Cambridge, Norwich and Norfolk.
Expert Vascular Surgeons at The Private Clinic
We focus on the underlying cause of your veins and you will only see a Consultant Vascular surgeon for varicose veins.
- Mr Constantinos Kyriakides, MD, FRCS(Gen). GMC 3275436
- Mr Dynesh Rittoo, MBChB, FRCS(Eng), FRCS(Gen Surg). GMC 3556456
- Mr Charles Ranaboldo, BM, FRCS, MS. GMC Number: 2939195
- Professor Rajiv Kumar Vohra, MBBS. GMC Number: 3158700
- Mr Tahir Hussain, MBBS,MS, FRCS. GMC Number: 3242669
- Mr Rajiv Pathak, MBBS, MS, FRCS, FRCS(Gen). GMC Number: 4585309
- Mr Ferdinand Serracino-Inglott, MD, FRCSI, FRCS(Gen), DIC MSc. GMC Number: 5206200
Cost of Varicose Vein Surgery
Our Varicose Vein treatments are competitively priced self-pay treatments. A consultation with one of our top Consultant Vascular Surgeons are £150, which includes a free ultrasound scan of your legs which is usually priced between £350 – £450 at most clinics or private hospitals.
Why choose The Private Clinic for Varicose Vein treatments?
- We offer the least invasive methods for varicose veins.
- We only work with highly specialised Vascular surgeons who are pioneers in EVLA(Endovenous Laser Ablation) and have treated thousands of patients.
- We have carried out over 7,000 vein treatments.
- We treat in our discreet state of the art clinics.
- There is no need to travel to a big hospital with lengthy approvals from BUPA.
- 95% of patients would recommend us to their friends and family.
- All treatments are carried out under local anaesthetic.
- Treatment takes one hour, you can go home shortly after being treated.
- No lengthy downtime or recovery required.
- We have treated thousands of patients who have regained their confidence whilst avoiding health issues.
- Owing to our success, we have been featured on Channel 4’s Embarrassing Bodies , TLC’s My Naked Secret and featured in Harper’s Bazaar’s Cosmetic Tweakment Trends for 2019 and The Daily Mail.
- View our varicose vein before and after photos
- Read our extensive varicose vein FAQs
- Hear from previous patients in our varicose vein patient stories
- Find out more information in our varicose vein blogs
- Download our varicose vein treatment brochure
If you would like to find out more about our varicose vein treatments or to arrange a consultation with one of our Consultant Vascular Surgeons, please call 0333 920 2471 or use our varicose vein online contact form.