Emsella is a non-surgical treatment that is designed to help strengthen the pelvic floor muscles which can greatly improve symptoms of incontinence.
Having a weak pelvic floor can cause a range of issues including;
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Severe incontinence
- Reduced vaginal sensation
- Heaviness in the pelvic area
Emsella uses High-Intensity Focused Electromagnetic technology which works to stimulate the pelvic floor muscles and restore neuromuscular control which really helps patients to regain control of their bladder.
One Emsella treatment session can produce thousands of supramaximal pelvic floor muscle contractions which are very important in re-educating the muscles in incontinent patients.
One 30-minute session of Emsella is the equivalent of doing 11000 kegel exercises!
What research is there to support Emsella treatment?
There have been various scientific studies and research papers published that discuss the effectiveness that HIFEM technology can have on treating incontinence.
- HIFEM technology can improve quality of life of incontinent patients– (BERENHOLZ J., SIMS T., BOTROS G.)
- HIFEM technology non-invasive treatment for incontinence– (ALINSOD R., VASILEV V., ET. AL.)
- Hifem® Technology – A new perspective in treatment of stress urinary incontinence– (ALISOND R., VASILEV V., YANEV K., BUZHOV B., STOILOV M., GEORGIEV M.)
- The clinical evidence for the revolutionary BTL Emsella chair
- Safety and preliminary efficacy of magnetic stimulation of pelvic floor with Hifem Technology in urinary incontinence– (Delgado Cidranes., Estrada Blanco)
Benefits of Emsella treatment
- FDA Cleared to improve urinary incontinence & vaginal laxity
- Patients remain fully clothed throughout treatment
- 75% reduction in pad usage
- Non-invasive & Non-surgical
- Walk-in, walk out procedure
- No downtime
- 95% of BTL Emsella patients experienced noticeable improvement
- Treats entire pelvic floor area in 30 minutes
95% of patients reported signiﬁcant improvement in their everyday life after a course of Emsella