Check your skin regularly
- Asymmetry: One half is different than the other half.
- Border irregularity: The edges of the mole are uneven or blurred.
- Color: Having multiple colours in a mole can be a warning sign.
- Diameter: Melanomas are often over 1/4 inch (6mm) and can sometimes grow.
- Evolution: If your mole changes in colour, size or any characteristics, it’s wise to get it checked.
Looking after your skin is important. Specialists never say you need to avoid the sun completely, but just take care in how you act when it’s out and make sure you use common sense to protect yourself. As well as preventing against skin cancer, many dermatologists recommend using sun cream daily to protect against signs of ageing.
The Private Clinic
Your skin health can seem like a scary thing. We’re here to make sure it’s as simple and pain-free as possible.
For a thorough consultation about your mole health checks and mole removal book a consultation with our Harley street dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon clinics in London Harley Street, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester and Northampton
We believe you deserve the very best care from the very best professionals; with over 35 years experience and some of the UK’s most respected skin experts behind us, we’re here to make sure you get precisely that.