Following in the footsteps of Wayne Rooney, heartthrob and famous ‘IT’ boy about town, Calum Best, has been added to the list of celebrities who have had a hair transplant procedure.
Calum, the son of footballer George Best, was reportedly fed up of losing his hair prematurely and wanted the hair transplant procedure to help pump up his confidence and low self-esteem.
Now 31 years old, Calum has been losing his hair since the age of 23 thanks to a number of reasons, mainly that he did not look after his hair when he was younger. Calum admits that years of bleaching his hair did not help, nor did pulling back his mane into a tight ponytail and thus causing the onset of traction alopecia, a condition where hair shafts are placed under excessive tension, causing the hair to be pulled and the follicle to be damaged.
During the procedure, Calum had 1,850 individual hairs moved from the side of his scalp, where his hair is thickest, and planted to the front where his hairline had begun to recede greatly.
When asked to comment about his new thick head of hair, Calum said: “I am so pleased I had it done. I was fed up of losing my hair and wanted to look good. You only have to see how much better people like Wayne Rooney, James Nesbitt and Gordon Ramsay look after having similar operations.”
Until recently, hair transplant procedures have been difficult to carry out and have not been always successful. Older hair transplant techniques, such as the Strip Surgery procedure, leave scarring and do not always produce the natural results that the patient (or practitioner) desire.
The Private Clinic hair specialists Dr Furqan Raja, Dr Luca De Fazio, Mr Michail Mouzakis, and Dr Ismail Ughratdar offer the most advanced, minimally invasive hair transplant methodologies and techniques available today.
The Follicular Unit Extraction hair transplant procedure (FUE) involves removing healthy hair follicles directly from a donor area on the scalp, usually at the back of the head where the hair is plentiful, and grafting them onto the bald or thinning areas.
FUE Hair Transplants at The Private Clinic
The Private Clinic of Harley Street offers the latest and most advanced FUE Hair Transplant procedures available, including hair transplants to the face and eyebrows. Hair Transplants are the only permanent hair loss solution.
The Private Clinic prides itself on ensuring you have the best quality and most comprehensive care:
- 24 hour patient helpline to ensure you are always in the best of hands.
- As many post-operative care and appointments with your Hair Transplant surgeon and nursing team as required.
- Highly experienced Hair Transplant Surgeons who have many years of experience.
- Comprehensive patient information, every step of the way.
- Outstanding hospital facilities.
- Our excellent reputation for patient safety and satisfaction, honest advice and outstanding care means your journey with The Private Clinic will be an exciting experience to a newfound head of hair.
- See videos of past patients here
- Read our extensive Hair Transplant FAQs here
- View our FUE Hair transplant before and after results photo gallery.
Hair Transplant consultations and procedures are available at our clinics in London Harley Street, Birmingham, Manchester, Northampton and Leeds. To find out more about FUE Hair Transplants call 0333 920 2471 or use our hair transplant online contact form.