It is estimated that around 10 million women and men in the UK suffer from bunions which is a bony deformity often located at the base of the big toe.
Bunions are often said to be caused by ill-fitting shoes or standing for long periods of time but it is often all to do with genetics and you are either prone to them or not.
Bunions can cause a large bony lump to appear out the side of the base of your big toe and they can also cause you to experience swelling and soreness around the affected area, corns or calluses, pain and restricted movement.
Key ways to help relieve the pain from bunions include;
- Medications such as ibuprofen or cortisol injections.
- Shoe Inserts
- Applying Ice
- Bunion pads
- Wearing roomy, comfortable shoes
When the Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla stepped out at Wimbledon wearing bunion correcting footwear it was comforting for many bunion sufferers to know that they were not alone and that even royalty has to deal with the frustrating and often painful condition.
Those who seek to remove their bunions are often faced with surgery that could leave them unable to walk for a number of weeks which in our busy lives these days is just not an option.
Luckily, here at The Private Clinic in London Harley Street and Manchester we are exciting to be exclusively able to offer a minimally invasive treatment for bunions with our expert Orthopaedic surgeon and bunion specialist Dr Andrea Bianchi who performs 1,200 surgeries a year with a 98% success rate.
Our exclusive bunion operation is a revolutionary procedure available for the first time in the UK. It is quick mini-invasive surgical procedure that doesn’t involve any fixative devices such as screws, plates or wires and after the treatment patients are able to walk immediately with no crutches and no need for physiotherapy later down the line.
Minimally invasive bunion surgery is exclusively available at The Private Clinic under strict supervision of MD Andrea Bianchi founder of PBS, the team who developed the percutaneous bunion surgery in 1996 and has supervised over 50,000 surgeries since.
What is minimally invasive bunion removal surgery?
In the past bunion surgery often requires large incisions and fixation devices to hold the foot in place which is the main reason for the lengthy downtime. Our exclusive bunion removal operation is performed via keyhole surgery under local anaesthetic and using a special radiological device, small surgical burrs are used to correct and remove the bunion deformity. Once the surgery is complete, you will be bandaged up, given a special shoe to wear and actively encouraged to bear weight onto the foot to help correct the physiological readjustments.
How much does bunion removal surgery cost?
A consultation with our specialist orthopaedic surgeon costs £200 which also includes a free x-ray of your feet. Prices for our minimally invasive bunion surgery start from £3950 for one bunion or £7,500 to treat two bunions.
Why choose The Private Clinic for Bunion Removal Surgery?
- Bunion Removal Surgery is performed under local anaesthesia using keyhole techniques.
- No fixation device such as wires or screws are required for the bunion operation
- There is a 98% success rate following the bunion operation
- Mr Bianchi, an expert in his field has been carrying out bunion operations for 15 years
- Dr Bianchi carries out on average 1,200 bunion removal operations a year
- You will be able to bear weight on your foot shortly after surgery when advised to by your surgeon
- No need for an overnight stay
- Minimal post-operative pain and aftercare.
- Treatment carried out in our state of the art London Fitzroy hospital
- 24 hour patient helpline direct to your nursing team and surgeon, which means should you have any concern we are here to help.
- Dedicated post-operative care and appointments with your surgeon and nursing team. We are here to give you the best experience.
- Our excellent reputation for patient safety and satisfaction, honest advice and outstanding care means your journey with The Private Clinic will be an exciting experience to a newfound confidence.
- Minimally invasive bunion surgery is launching exclusively in the UK at The Private Clinic and it is not available anywhere else in the UK.