Dr Andrea Bianchi
CONSULTANT ORTHOPEADIC SURGEON
- Faculty of Medicine and Surgery (1983-1989)
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery (1989)
- Registration as Doctor of Medicine (1989-1992)
- Specialisation College in Orthopaedics and Traumatology (1989-1994)
GMC Number: 7093105
About Dr Andrea Bianchi
Mr Andrea Bianchi is a consultant orthopaedic surgeon who specialised in orthopaedics and traumatology at the University of the Studies of Perugia. Since then, Dr Andrea Bianchi has developed a unique and innovative minimally invasive surgical procedure technique for the treatment of a number of very common but usually painful foot conditions, including bunions, hammertoes and rigid toes.
Since 1995, Dr Bianchi and his dedicated team have worked together to develop a surgical approach to treating foot conditions inspired by keyhole surgery techniques. Dr Bianchi’s specialised technique allows patients with bunions to have their feet treated with no need for lengthy downtimes, no pins and no wires that are often associated with traditional bunion surgery.
Having devoted the past 10 years of his career to the treatment of feet, Dr Bianchi has perfected his approach to such standards that he now delivers this treatment in hospitals all over Italy. Since 1989 Dr Andrea Bianchi has performed more than 50,000 Orthopaedic minimally invasive foot surgeries and carries out over 1,200 minimally invasive bunion surgery cases a year.
Bunion removal surgery takes place at our state of the art London Fitzroy Hospital.
- Registered with The General Medical Council of Doctors and Dentists for the Province of Perugia
- Registered with The Swiss General Medical Council
- Registered with The French General Medical Council
- Full registration with The General Medical Council with a license to practice and an entry on the Specialist Register for Trauma and Orthopaedic surgery (GMC Number: 7093105)
Before/after photos by Dr Andrea Bianchi
Treatments performed by Dr Andrea Bianchi
Minimally Invasive Bunions Surgery
Keyhole surgery with no metal fixtures.
A minimally invasive way to effectively treat the signs and symptoms of hammertoe
Tailor’s Bunion Surgery
Minimally invasive tailor’s bunionette deformity correction surgery with no metal fixtures
Research Led by Andrea Bianchi, Professional Recognition and Press
- Blitz your bunions in 30 minutes with revolutionary new surgical treatment – Mirror
- These are set to be the biggest cosmetic surgery trends for 2019 – Marie Claire
- 5 cosmetic ‘tweakment’ trends expected to soar in 2019 – Harper’s Bazaar
- Director of the Italian branch of the USA based Academy of Ambulatory Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Regular host of Italian TV news channels as a leading expert in bunion surgery
- Mr Andrea Bianchi part of the PBS Training Centre, a group of surgeons, physiatrists, physiotherapists, podiatrists, orthopaedic technicians and secretarial coordinators who are constantly stimulated by the search for continual innovation. The minimally invasive bunion surgery technique also known as the PBS procedure is a result of this research.