Beard Transplants: Why Facial Hair Transplants Are Booming
HAIR LOSS & HAIR TRANSPLANTS
Beard Transplants in the News: clinics across the UK are reporting a big rise in men seeking facial hair transplants for a fuller beard or moustache. The Private Clinic of Harley Street has also seen a rise in interest and numbers of procedures performed on men for facial hair transplants.
People are having them for sideburn restoration, moustache restoration and beard restoration. Many men are dissatisfied with their hair growth on the face and hair transplants offer a permanent and effective way to deal with the issue. While some men would prefer to use laser hair removal to permanently treat their unwanted hair, many men have the opposite issue. Find out more about your options by reading on.
What are facial hair transplants?
Beard Hair Transplants and Eyebrow Hair Transplants use the latest FUE Hair Transplant technology to carefully extract hair from the back and sides of the scalp and transfer them to the face. The procedure is carried out under local anaesthetic and it’s a walk-in walk-out procedure. Unlike the FUT technique, there is little discomfort and very little downtime – meaning you can get back to your normal routine quickly.
What’s influencing people?
- Culture – facial hair is a big indicator and sign of masculinity in some cultures. For instance, it’s very popular in Turkey.
- Injury/Illness – there are a number of ways hair is affected by illness and injury. If you have a disorder, illness or injury that has affected your hair growth, come in for a consultation with our doctors for more information.
- Genetics – some men just don’t have the facial hair they would like. While some men have to shave every day, others struggle to find the need to shave at all.
- Celebrities – see below
- Fashion – see below
The Celebrity & Fashion Effect
A survey recently revealed the top 10 celebrities for facial hair, giving you some indication why more and more men are trying to get a better crop of hair on their face. Coupled with that is the rise of bearded male models splashed across billboards and glossy magazines, like GQ. Designer stubble looks set to stay as more and more men take advantage of more relaxed rules at work, the products and services out there for facial hair as well as the popularity of bearded celebrities with women and other men.
- Gary Barlow 24%
- David Beckham 20%
- George Clooney 13%
- Brad Pitt 11%
- Jeremy Paxman 10%
- Tom Selleck 8%
- Ewan McGregor 6%
- Ashton Kutcher 4%
- Zach Galifianakis 3%
- Richard Branson 1%
Beard Hair Transplant The Private Clinic of Harley Street
Our hair transplant surgeons have lots of experience treating men for hair loss, including medication and hair transplants to the scalp, eyebrows and face. Cultural values, genetics, injury, alopecia, illness and male pattern baldness are all reasons why men and women seek hair transplants. It can have a significant impact on the wellbeing of the recipient. We urge all our patients to take their time and have realistic expectations – something we help you manage.
Why choose The Private Clinic?
- Highly experienced Hair Transplant Surgeons who have decades of experience and who have carried out thousands of hair transplants.
- The Private Clinic prides itself on ensuring you have the best quality and most comprehensive care.
- 24 hour patient helpline to ensure you are always in the best of hands.
- As many post-operative care and appointments with your Hair Transplant surgeon and nursing team as required.
- Comprehensive patient information, every step of the way.
- Outstanding clinic facilities.
- Our excellent reputation for patient safety and satisfaction, honest advice and outstanding care means your journey with The Private Clinic will be an exciting experience to a new hairline.
- View our gallery of FUE Hair Transplant before and after results here.
- Hear from previous hair transplant patients by reading their stories here.
- Read our extensive Hair Transplant FAQs
- Find out more information in our Hair Transplant blogs
- Consultations available in London Harley Street, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester and Northampton.
- We are able to offer finance solutions with manageable payments to suit a variety of budgets.
Hair Transplant Surgeons at The Private Clinic
- Dr Furqan Raja, MB ChB, GMC Number: 7419667
- Dr Michael Mouzakis S.C.F in Plastic Surgery, GMC Number: 7237640
- Dr Ismail Ughratdar, MB ChB, GMC Number: 6103427
- Dr Luca De Fazio MD, BSc, MSc, GMC Number: 7095123
If you would like to discuss your hair transplant options, please call 03339209135 or use our online hair transplant contact form.