- The Rafaelo® procedure is a revolutionary, safe and reliable non-surgical treatment for haemorrhoids removal with lasting results
- Available in London & Birmingham with no waiting times
- 15 Minute walk in walk out procedure with minimal downtime & 90% success rate
The Rafaelo® Procedure
The Rafaelo® procedure, also known as Radio Frequency Ablation of Haemorrhoids performed under Local Anaesthetic is a non-surgical treatment for internal haemorrhoids.
Radiofrequency ablation is commonly used in the medical field and is already an established treatment for varicose veins.
Non-Surgical Haemorrhoids treatment
Haemorrhoids or piles are swollen veins that occur inside and around your bottom. In most cases, haemorrhoids will clear up on their own after a few days, often with over-the-counter creams to help with any discomfort. For haemorrhoids that don’t seem to be getting better, treatment may be required to help reduce discomfort and clear the haemorrhoids from the area.
What is Rafaelo® non-surgical treatment?
Rafaelo® is a non-surgical haemorrhoid treatment that can remove haemorrhoids in as little as 15 minutes using radiofrequency ablation. It is best for haemorrhoids that have been graded 1-3. The minimally invasive treatment is a painless procedure with fast recovery and a 90% success rate.
Why choose The Private Clinic for Haemorrhoid removal treatment?
- Non-surgical, minimally invasive haemorrhoid removal treatment.
- 15 Minute walk in walk out procedure.
- Initial consultations can be carried out over the phone with the Consultant surgeon.
- Free Protoscopy Exam (usually priced at £100-150 at most clinics and private hospitals) included in all clinic consultations.
- Treatment is carried out in our discreet Birmingham or London Private clinics.
- No need for overnight hospital stays.
- Performed under local anaesthetic.
- Almost painless procedure.
- Symptoms instantly reduced.
- Minimal post-operative pain and aftercare.
- Able to return to daily activities immediately.
- Minimal chance of recurrence.
- 24 hour patient helpline direct to your nursing team and surgeon, which means should you have any concerns we are here to help.
- Dedicated post-operative care and appointments with your surgeon and nursing team.
Where can I have Rafaelo® Treatment?
“Piles surgery has traditionally been a painful and highly morbid operation. However, Rafaelo® has turned this on its head. The immediate advantage is the ability to avoid a general anaesthetic which allows the patient to effectively walk in and walk out of the clinic following treatment. My own patients have had very little in the way of discomfort and initial follow-up results are very pleasing both from a clinical response to treatment and from patient feedback”. – Mr Amit Patel, Consultant Laparoscopic General and Colorectal Surgeon, BSc, MD, MBBS, FRCS (Plast.) GMC Number: 4737010
First Class Colorectal Services
Rafelo® is our first choice of treatment when it comes to treating haemorrhoids. We have a team of expert Colorectal Surgeons who have been performing the procedure regularly and are confident in helping you to achieve long-lasting results.
The revolutionary Rafaelo® treatment is a non-surgical, safe and effective treatment for haemorrhoids or piles removal with lasting results as seen in The Daily Mail.
Self Pay Haemorrhoid Treatment
Our haemorrhoid treatment options are available as a private self-pay treatment. We do not require GP or hospital referrals. Treatments can be undertaken at a time and date convenient for you with no waiting lists.
Rafaelo Procedure at a glance
Up & Mobile
1 – 7 days
Back to Work
1 – 2 days
1 – 7 days
1 – 2 weeks
1 – 2 weeks
1 – 2 weeks
Ask us a question
What to Expect
Non-Surgical Rafaelo Haemorroids Removal Treatment
What is Rafaelo® treatment?
The Rafaelo® procedure is a safe and effective non-surgical treatment for internal haemorrhoids removal. The treatment uses well-established radiofrequency technology that is used in the treatment of varicose veins.
Rafaelo® treatment takes 15-30 minutes to perform.
- You will usually be asked to lie on your side with your knees pulled up towards your chest.
- The base of the haemorrhoid will be injected with local anaesthetic via an anoscope.
- Once numb a metal tube (proctoscope) will be inserted into the anus. This will have a light and camera attached to the end of it. This enables your consultant to have a clear view of your haemorrhoids on a monitor as they apply radiofrequency energy to each one.
- Painless radiofrequency energy is applied to each haemorrhoid via a special needle probe. This reduces the blood supply to the haemorrhoid causing it to contract and begin to shrink.
The haemorrhoids treated will continue to shrink following the procedure usually taking around 2 weeks to disappear. Once they disappear, a scar or mucous membrane will cover the old site of the haemorrhoid or piles.
The procedure can be performed on all internal grade 1-3 haemorrhoids.
Grade 4 haemorrhoids are usually external haemorrhoids at this stage and are not suitable for the Rafaelo® procedure due to the nervous system. If there is an internal part of a grade 4 haemorrhoid, the Rafaelo haemorrhoids removal procedure can be used to reduce and improve symptoms. If not suitable for the Rafaelo procedure, you may be offered a Haemorrhoidectomy procedure as an alternative.
The Rafaelo® procedure for treating haemorrhoids or piles is a non-surgical procedure carried out under local anaesthetic to avoid any discomfort. Patients are able to return home afterwards with minimal post-operative pain.
Rafaelo Haemorroids Aftercare
Once the minimally invasive Rafaelo® procedure is over, you will be briefed again on your aftercare and often provided with painkillers to take home with you.
We recommend that patients allow 1-7 days to recover from the procedure. This will vary depending on the severity of the haemorrhoids. In the majority of cases, patients have been able to return to work within 1-2 days following the procedure depending on their job role.
In order to achieve the best results, it is best to stick to a fit and healthy lifestyle post-procedure. We recommend that you eat plenty of fibre, fruit and vegetables and stay hydrated to avoid becoming constipated.
Patients will be given a follow-up appointment with their surgeon around 6-8 weeks after the procedure to discuss the results of the treatment.
The Private Clinic have collaborated with Chrysalis Finance to offer 0% finance for our patients.*
*Acceptance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.