When it comes to deciding to go ahead with surgery or not, the cost of a private self-pay procedure can be a deciding factor.
Although it is obviously a big part of your surgery decision, we always say that the cost of a procedure should not come before your health and instead a decision should be made based on what is going to be best for you and who is going to provide you with the best level of care.
The cost of bunion surgery is a difficult one to take in. Yes, bunion surgery is available on the NHS but for many – this could mean weeks to months off work and a lengthy waiting list.
Going privately for bunion surgery means you will potentially be seen a lot sooner and when visiting The Private Clinic, we are able to offer patients a minimally invasive surgical bunion removal procedure which boasts a quick recovery time and the ability to walk shortly after the procedure takes place.
What is bunion surgery?
Bunion surgery or a bunionectomy is a surgical procedure that corrects a deformity of the joint at the bottom of your big toe which is known as a bunion or hallux valgus.
Previously, a surgical bunion removal treatment involved a significant recovery period where patients were not able to easily walk or take part in any sport or exercise for up to 6 months. This has been a big reason why many who suffer with bunions have tried to avoid surgery.
Many have instead used other treatments and remedies such as bunion pads, insoles, wide shoes, and painkillers. These short-term fixes are ideal for preventing the further development of bunions and relieving pain temporarily, but they are not suitable for treating the bunion and reducing its size – this is something that will always require surgical intervention.
Key hole bunion surgery with no screws, wires, scar, crutches and walk out of the hospital
At The Private Clinic, we are able to offer our patients a minimally invasive surgical bunion removal procedure that has been inspired by keyhole surgery techniques. Developed by Orthopaedic Consultant Surgeon, Dr Bianchi – our bunionectomy procedure is able to effectively remove bunions from the foot without the use of any fixative devices such as screws, plates, or wires. Following surgery, patients are able to walk immediately with no crutches and get back to their everyday activities, with no downtime and a lot quicker than traditional bunion removal surgery. The scaring post-procedure is also minimal as no z shaped cut is used.
Bunion Prices Comparison
|The Private Clinic||Competitors|
|X-Ray||Included in consultation price||£155 one foot (£250 both feet)|
|Post-operative shoes||Included in treatment price||Included in treatment price|
|Follow-Up Appointments||£200||Included in treatment price but limit of 3 appointments only|
|Post-Operative X-Ray||Free||£155 one foot (£250 both feet)|
What does our price include?
- Consultation and treatment performed by a Consultant Orthopaedic surgeon
- Pre-operative X-Ray
- Anaesthetist specialising in bunions surgery
- Revolutionary keyhole bunion removal procedure with no need for crutches, overnight stay, or physiotherapy.
- Post-operative shoes
- Post-operative X ray
- As many Post-operative appointments with the Orthopaedic surgeon as required (we do not limit visits)
How much does bunion surgery cost?
|Follow Up Appointments + Post-Op X-Ray||£200|
Why Choose Minimally Invasive Bunion Surgery at The Private Clinic?
- Exclusive to The Private Clinic in the UK, there is no other operation like this one.
- Bunion Removal Surgery is performed under local anaesthesia using keyhole techniques.
- This is the only natural operation with no metal fixtures such as wires or screws being used.
- There is a 98% success rate following the bunion operation
- Orthopaedic Consultant Surgeon, Mr Bianchi is an expert in his field and has been carrying out bunion operations for 15 years
- Dr Bianchi carries out on average 1,200 bunion operations a year
- Walk immediately after surgery
- No need for an overnight stay
- Minimal post-operative pain and aftercare required.
- No scar
- Treatment carried out in our state-of-the-art London Fitzroy hospital
- 24-hour patient helpline direct to your nursing team and surgeon, which means should you have any concern we are here to help.
- Dedicated post-operative care and appointments with your surgeon and nursing team. We are here to give you the best experience.
- Our excellent reputation for patient safety and satisfaction, honest advice and outstanding care means your journey with The Private Clinic will be an exciting experience to newfound confidence.
- Free Consultations with a patient adviser can be arranged at our clinics located in Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester and Northampton.
- Read Karen and Michelle’s patient stories.
- View minimally invasive bunion surgery before and after photos
- Read our extensive bunion surgery FAQs
- Take a look at our bunion blogs for further information
To find out more about bunion surgery or to book a consultation, please call 0333 920 2471 or you can also use our online contact form for bunion surgery.