He’s perhaps best known to most for his iconic bachelor lifestyle, but over the past few years Calum Best has earned a name for himself in another way – an honest admission of his struggle with hair loss.
Son of footballer George Best, the 33 year old model and actor began losing his hair at the age of 23 and has since undergone two procedures to transplant a total of 2,228 individual hairs to his receding hairline. Now, he admits, he is preparing for a third procedure.
Talking about his relationship with hair restoration and why he is going for the triple–transplant, Best said “these procedures have completely changed my life. They have given me so much more confidence and enabled me to wear my hair just the way I like.” And the actor is one of a long line of celebrities to admit hair restoration surgery: “stars like Rooney and James Nesbitt have made a big difference. They’ve been very open about what they have had done and most men just say ‘good on them.’ And most women say ‘don’t they look better.’“
Multiple hair transplants are not uncommon and certainly don’t mean the original procedure was unsuccessful. While a treatment can restore hair that has been lost, it cannot prevent new thinning occurring in other areas. During consultation your hair restoration surgeon should work with you to discuss whether they believe a singular transplant will be beneficial to you in the long run and, while we can never fully predict the likelihood of you needing another transplant, what they consider the risk to be.
At The Private Clinic we have some of the most sought-after hair surgeons in Europe who focus on only the most minimally-invasive, pioneering treatments which is why we work exclusively with a method of hair restoration called FUE, Follicular Unit Extraction. In the procedure individual follicles are extracted from donor areas where hair is in abundance and transplanted into the thinning parts of the scalp. The method works on a highly intricate level, meaning that under the right surgeon it leaves no linear scarring, and recovery times are far quicker than older methods of transplantation.
“The fact that I still have my hair helps me to get film roles” says Best and, while hair transplantation might not be able to get most of us a leading part in a Hollywood blockbuster, it can help build confidence and boost the esteem of those who are down about their changing hairline.
Hair Transplant Procedures at The Private Clinic?
- Highly experienced Hair Transplant Surgeons who have decades of experience and who have carried out thousands of hair transplants.
- The Private Clinic prides itself on ensuring you have the best quality and most comprehensive care.
- 24 hour patient helpline to ensure you are always in the best of hands.
- As many post-operative care and appointments with your Hair Transplant surgeon and nursing team as required.
- Comprehensive patient information, every step of the way.
- Outstanding clinic facilities.
- Our excellent reputation for patient safety and satisfaction, honest advice and outstanding care means your journey with The Private Clinic will be an exciting experience to a new hairline.
- View our gallery of FUE Hair Transplant before and after results here.
- Hear from previous hair transplant patients by reading their stories here.
- Read our extensive Hair Transplant FAQs
- Find out more information in our Hair Transplant blogs
- Consultations available in London Harley Street, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester and Northampton.
- We are able to offer finance solutions with manageable payments to suit a variety of budgets.
Hair Transplant Surgeons at The Private Clinic
- Dr Furqan Raja, MB ChB, GMC Number: 7419667
- Dr Michael Mouzakis S.C.F in Plastic Surgery, GMC Number: 7237640
- Dr Ismail Ughratdar, MB ChB, GMC Number: 6103427
- Dr Luca De Fazio MD, BSc, MSc, GMC Number: 7095123
If you would like to discuss your hair transplant options, please call 03339209135 or use our online hair transplant contact form.