Types of Dermal Fillers
Dermal Fillers are used for adding volume to the face (fillers for tear trough, cheek filler, lip filler for bigger lips and restored lips from ageing, nose to mouth lines, non surgical nose reshaping) and are a great way to reduce the common signs of ageing. Here at The Private Clinic, we only use the best fillers that are of the highest quality including dermal fillers for anti – ageing, dermal fillers for lifting and dermal fillers for restoring volume loss. Below are some of the brands that we use.
A well known dermal filler proven to last for 6 -12 months. It’s also the first filler of its kind to contain an anaesthetic to make treatment more comfortable. The gel is made from hyaluronic acid – a naturally occurring substance in the skin – and is injected under the skin to instantly restore volume and smooth away facial wrinkles and folds.
The Juvaderm® Vycross range provides subtle and natural outcomes due to the smoothness of the gel making it easier to inject with precision. The risk of bruising and swelling is reduced as is any discomfort as an anaesthetic is added into the formulation of the filler.
The Vycross range has 3 different formulas;
- Juvéderm® Volbella is used for naturally thin lips and for older patients who have lost fullness in the lips, smokers lip or to create a more defined and plum lip. Lip fillers have surged in popularity as people seek a natural-looking way to volumise the lips, smoothing out wrinkles and lines and helping to reduce the further deepening of such lines. The effects of Juvederm® Volbella® last for approximately up to 12 months.
- Juvederm® Voluma® is used for re-contouring areas of the face such as the chin and cheek bones. It is made up of a thicker hyaluronic acid gel making it ideal for restoring age-related volume loss. The effects of Juvéderm® Voluma® last for approximately up to 18 months.
- Juvederm® Volift® is best used for smoothing out lines and wrinkles found in the nasolabial folds (nose to mouth lines) and general facial contours. It is produced using VYCROSS™ technology and creates an ultra-smooth gel which gives a natural appearance with minimal swelling or bruising. The effects of Juvederm® Volift® last for approximately up to 15 months.
The Juvederm® Ultra range is probably our most common dermal filler range to be used. The filler contains non-animal hyaluronic acid with the addition of 0.3% lidocaine which is a local anaesthetic that allows you to feel minimal pain both during and after the treatment.
There are three types of for Juvéderm® ULTRA formulations available;
- Juvéderm® ULTRA 2 is ideal when used for the subtle correction of medium facial lines. It helps to erase moderate lines around the lips, corners of the eyes and those close to the surface of the skin
- Juvéderm® ULTRA 3 has great versatility in contouring and volumising anything from moderate to medium facial lines and skin depressions. It is great for areas such as the nasolabial folds (nose to mouth lines) around the lips.
- Juvéderm® ULTRA 4 is a robust formulation used for volumising and correcting the appearance of medium to deep folds and wrinkles. It is most commonly used to improve the contours of the face, adding volume in the cheeks and chin and reducing the appearance of the most noticeable lines and folds.
Juvederm also has two additional specialist dermal filler formulations in their range which are;
- Juvederm ® Ultra Smile is specialised lip filler based of the formulation of the Juvederm ULTRA 3. It is great for enhancing the lips but keeping a softer and natural looking result. It can also smooth fine lines, fully enhancing the mouth area.
- Juvéderm® HYDRATE is used to combat the early signs of collagen depletion and skin de-hydration. it’s not just about eradicating the lines and folds – you also need to address tone and texture to bring back the radiance. Over the years, this radiance dissipates as our bodies’ natural levels of hyaluronic acid diminish due to age, smoking, sun exposure and environmental factors.
Restylane, Dermal Filler is used in more anti-ageing treatments than any other dermal filler. It’s estimated that since its launch in 1996 over 4 million treatments have been carried out in more than 70 countries. Restylane consists of hylauronic acid – a substance naturally found in the body – and is injected directly into the skin to replace lost volume and smooth out moderate to severe facial wrinkles.
Restylane is available in a range of different formulations that have all been specifically designed to treat specific areas of the face. They include:
- Restylane SubQ is the largest gel particle size in the range. It has been specially formulated to replace areas of fat lot within the face creating a more defined facial contour.
- Restylane Lip Volume formally known as Restylane Lipp has been specially designed for enhancing the size and shape of the lips. The dermal filler formulation of Restylane Lip Volume is able to withstand the range of mouth movements and therefore last longer.
- Restylane Lyft formally known as perlane is a specialist filler that is injected deeper into the face to correct the appearance of moderate to severe wrinkles. It is also great for lifting and contouring areas of the face such as the cheeks.
- Restylane Vital is part of the SkinBoosters range which are softer compared to the Restylane SubQ filler. They are used more for their biochemical properties. Restylane Vital is commonly used to counter the effects of sun damage by replenishing the skin’s supply of hyaluronic acid.
Here at The Private Clinic we have the medical expertise to guide you on the most suitable dermal filler treatment that best suits the look you wish to acheive. Click here to Book your free consultation today to get the results that you are after.