Hair loss can have a big impact on a woman. Whether it alopecia totalis or, more commonly, thinning hair, hair loss can happen in a number of ways for a number of reasons. Nadine Dorries, controversial Tory MP, who appeared on ITV’s “I’m a Celebrity…Get Me out of Here”, recently opened up about how she cries everyday over her hair loss struggles.
The good news is that there is help available at The Private Clinic for women suffering from hair loss, whether it’s thinning or if you’re feeling it’s a lost cause.
When it comes to hair loss, it takes extensive medical knowledge and experience to ensure that the hair loss is correctly diagnosed and not symptomatic of a medical condition – something that can be easily missed by a non-medic. Female hair loss is often quite complicated and you should work with medically-qualified practitioners in the field. If you’re unsure, ask for your doctor’s credentials. You deserve the best care and we’re proud to be able to offer our world-class experience. Find out what one of Hair Loss Specialists had to say about the recent news.
Female Hair Loss & Nadine Dorries
Hair has long been important for women and plays a significant cultural role in our lives and Nadine Dorries opening up about her struggles with hair loss probably rings true with many of our female patients. Our expert hair transplant surgeons of The Private Clinic of Harley Street shared their thoughts on the issue of female hair loss in response to the recent news about the much talked about MP, Nadine Dorries, opening up about how she cries everyday over her hair loss:
“Hair loss can be devastating in women. In most circumstances it is due to a treatable medical condition like an under active or over active thyroid, anaemia or an auto-immune condition.
It can also be caused by prolonged stress as well. A condition termed telogen effluvium.
In some women an element of male pattern hair loss is observed.
The good news is that there are some evidence backed treatments that can help contain further loss & in some instances reverse the condition if treated appropriately.”
The Private Clinic
Why choose The Private Clinic?
- Highly experienced Hair Transplant Surgeons who have decades of experience and who have carried out thousands of hair transplants.
- The Private Clinic prides itself on ensuring you have the best quality and most comprehensive care.
- 24 hour patient helpline to ensure you are always in the best of hands.
- As many post-operative care and appointments with your Hair Transplant surgeon and nursing team as required.
- Comprehensive patient information, every step of the way.
- Outstanding clinic facilities.
- Our excellent reputation for patient safety and satisfaction, honest advice and outstanding care means your journey with The Private Clinic will be an exciting experience to a new hairline.
- View our gallery of FUE Hair Transplant before and after results here.
- Hear from previous hair transplant patients by reading their stories here.
- Read our extensive Hair Transplant FAQs
- Find out more information in our Hair Transplant blogs
- Consultations available in London Harley Street, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester and Northampton.
- We are able to offer finance solutions with manageable payments to suit a variety of budgets.
Hair Transplant Surgeons at The Private Clinic
- Dr Furqan Raja, MB ChB, GMC Number: 7419667
- Dr Michael Mouzakis S.C.F in Plastic Surgery, GMC Number: 7237640
- Dr Ismail Ughratdar, MB ChB, GMC Number: 6103427
- Dr Luca De Fazio MD, BSc, MSc, GMC Number: 7095123
If you would like to discuss your hair transplant options, please call 03339209135 or use our online hair transplant contact form.