Bupa Insurance for Varicose Veins
Varicose veins appear as swollen and lumpy veins that often sit just below the surface of your skin. Often the biggest complaint of varicose veins is the appearance but they do come with a number of other possible symptoms such as aching of the legs, ulcers, pigmentation, restless legs and cramping.
Claim with Bupa Insurance
Getting insurance funding for varicose vein treatment is notoriously difficult with many insurers such as Bupa refusing to fund treatment unless it is clinically necessary.
Here at The Private Clinic, we believe that varicose veins are not only an unsightly nuisance but can also be a potential health hazard putting you at a heightened risk of blood clots, ulcers, swelling, hyperpigmentation and venous disease. Because of this, we do not judge patients based on the severity of their veins and whether they are displaying clinical symptoms or not.
Benefits of Self-pay Varicose vein treatment
- No cumbersome authorisation, time waiting, no waiting for authorisations and being knocked back because you are not severe enough.
- Walk in walk out procedures.
- We have clinics across the UK in Central London on Harley Street, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Northampton, Leeds and Glasgow.
- We have carried out over 7000 vein treatments.
- Treatments only carried out by Expert Consultant Vascular surgeons, not radiologists
- Our surgeons have performed amongst the highest number of EVLA treatments in the UK, and have helped develop the procedure into the safe and highly recommended method it is today.
- We offer the latest VenaSeal procedure which is ideal for patients who have a needle phobia as it only requires a single injection per vein and has a shorter recovery time often with no need to wear compression stocking post-treatment.
- Quick and efficient service with no need to travel to a big hospital.
- Often Sclerotherapy is not treated via insurers because it is not medical but cosmetic.
- See our varicose vein before and after photos
- Read our varicose vein patient review stories
- See our extensive varicose vein FAQs
Varicose Vein Treatment
We offer a range of varicose vein treatment options to suit everyone. These include;
- EVLA (Endovenous Laser Ablation)
- Foam Sclerotherapy
All of our treatments are minimally invasive being performed under local anaesthetic and allow patients to walk-out the very same day. Most procedures only take an hour and are only performed by expert consultant vascular surgeons who work to tackle the actual cause of the problem of Varicose Veins.
Varicose Vein treatment fixed price self-pay packages
A consultation with our expert Consultant Vascular surgeons costs £150 but this is the best place to determine the most appropriate treatment for you. A consultation includes a free ultrasound scan of your legs which is usually priced from £350 – £450 at most clinics and hospitals.
Our Varicose vein removal prices are very competitive based on the level of expertise and care that we are able to offer and a more accurate quote will be provided to you after a consultation.
- EVLA treatment prices start from £2,260.
- VenaSeal treatment prices start from £2,960.
- Phlebectomy treatment prices start from £997 for 1 leg and £1,350 for 2 legs.
- Foam Sclerotherapy prices start from £950 for 1 leg and £1,750 for 2 legs.
Following your varicose vein treatment, you will be able to come back as many times as you feel necessary, we do not charge for any follow-up appointments.