Dr Lorcan Sheppard
GMC Number: 4202758
Dr Lorcan Sheppard is Chief Medical Officer at The Private Clinic of Harley Street. Prior to this he has been in roles related to clinical governance and revalidation of doctors. Dr Sheppard has been a Responsible Officer for a number of organisations since the introduction of Revalidation for Doctors in 2012. He is also a certified Caldicott Guardian and has a special interest in information governance in healthcare.
Dr Lorcan Sheppard is a former NHS consultant specialising in Anaesthesia and Critical Care. In 2010 he was appointed as Director of Anaesthesia by The Healthcare Management Trust. In. In addition, Dr Sheppard acts as a Responsible Officer for Revalidation of doctors in independent practice and advises on quality and standards in this sector and in 2015, he took on the role of Medical Director with The Private Clinic.
Now as Chief Medical Officer at The Private Clinic of Harley Street, Dr Sheppard is able to provide direct leadership and guidance on matters related to clinical governance and compliance.
Research led by Lorcan Sheppard and Professional Recognition
- Unresolved safety issues in Private Hospitals – Dr Lorcan Sheppard
- Use of direct Etest in the management of ventilator-associated pneumonia due to resistant Gram-negative pathogens – David G Partridge, Lorcan Sheppard, Thomas C Darton, Rob Townsend.
- Anesthesia in a child with homozygous porphobilinogen deaminase deficiency: a severe form of acute intermittent porphyria – Lorcan Sheppard, Teresa Dorman
- Cardiovascular surgery Abstracts Effect of diabetes and associated conditions on long-term survival after coronary artery bypass graft surgery – Bruce Jason Leavitt, Lorcan Sheppard, Caroline W. Maloney
- Assessing adrenal status in patients before and immediately after coronary artery bypass graft surgery – Miguel Debono, Lorcan Sheppard, Sarah D Irving, Philip A Jackson, Jo Butterworth, Zoe L S Brookes, John Newell-Price, Jonathon J Ross, Richard J Ross
- Use of direct Etest in the management of ventilator-associated pneumonia due to resistant Gram-negative pathogens – David S Partridge, Lorcan Sheppard, Tom C Darton, Robert K Townsend
- Assessing adrenal status in patients before and after coronary artery bypass graft surgery – Miguel Debono, Lorcan Sheppard, Sarah C Irving, Zoë L S Brookes, John Newell-Price, John Hamilton Ross, Richard J Ross