Covid-19 has resulted in many cosmetic surgery clinic closures and we have had to quickly adapt to new ways of working to keep things running as smoothly as possible during lockdown.
We will be offering patients online video consultations with a select number of our surgeons to help you start your cosmetic surgery journey whilst staying safe at home.
A virtual consultation can feel imitating for patients, some may have only had experience speaking to those that they know such as family, friends, or colleagues over online video chat – and some may have had no experience at all.
We have put together a guide on how best to prepare for your cosmetic surgery video consultation to help you feel more comfortable.
- Have a good and reliable internet connection.
- Ideally you should use a laptop or desktop computer.
- Make sure you are connected to a power supply or have sufficient battery.
- Test that your camera and microphone are working ahead of the consultation.
- Choose a private area where you are not going to be disturbed.
- Make sure that the lighting is good, ideally coming from in front of you rather than behind.
- Turn off any background noise such as a TV or radio.
- Try and position yourself so you can be seen from the torso up.
- Be prepared to show the area you would like treated (i.e for varicose veins wear shorts).
- You may be asked to provide photos of the areas you would like treated ahead of the consultation, ensure that you have sent this over before the consultation is due to take place.
- Have a list of questions ready to ask.
- Have a pen and paper handy to take down any notes and important information.
- Have your medical history ready to discuss.
- Ensure that a chaperone is going to present provided by the clinic.
- Feel free to have a family member or friend to sit in on the consultation for support.
- Make sure that you have your login details ready before the consultation and contact the clinic if you are unsure of anything.
You will be provided with your online video consultation login details and information before your consultation is due to take place. We have a virtual reception that you will be able to access at any time that has useful links to information about the procedure you are interested in, before and after photos, videos and FAQs.
Within the virtual reception is a check in button, this is where you will need to login ideally at least 5 minutes before your consultation is due to begin. Once you are logged in, you will be taken to a secure area to wait for your surgeon to join you.
Online video consultations at The Private Clinic
If you would like to find out more or to book a consultation, please contact us on, 0333 920 2471 or use our online contact form.