Mr William Van Niekerk
Aesthetic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
- MB ChB – University of Pretoria (1996)
- MSc – University of Oxford (2000)
- MRCS- Royal College of Surgery (2002)
- FRCS (Plast)- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (2010)
- RAF (qs)
GMC Number: 4362791
About Mr William Van Niekerk
Mr William Van Niekerk is a consultant plastic, reconstructive, aesthetic, and burn surgeon with over 20 years of medical experience. Mr William Van Niekerk trained and qualified as a medical doctor in Pretoria (South Africa) in 1996.
He then went on to complete his surgical training and postgraduate research training in Anatomy and Craniofacial Surgery at the University of Oxford. Mr Van Niekerk served as an officer in the Royal Air Force for 14 years, and was one of the handful of Armed Forces surgeons responsible for treating all British service personnel as part of the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine – initially at Selly Oak Hospital and later the New Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.
Mr Van Niekerk’s clinical interest is in all aspects of Cosmetic Surgery as well as in Complex Military Trauma Surgery, Reconstructive Microsurgery, and Burn Surgery.
Mr Van Niekerk’s passion for perfection is reflected in his uncompromising results and his reputation amongst his peers and patients.
Mr William Van Niekerk consults from our Harley Street clinic.
“I had a Brazilian abdominoplasty done with The Private Clinic in Harley street. I have to say the operation went very well and the care and the team was fantastic. Most of all the surgeon Mr William Van Niekerk was brilliant. I never had any pain after the op and I highly recommend The Private Clinic. My review is a bit delayed as I had this a year ago but am still over the moon with the results. And it has totally changed my life! I am so much happier now.”
– Michelle, Patient of Mr William Van Niekerk.
- Full registration with the General Medical Council (GMC Number 4362791) with a license to practice and an entry on the Specialist Register as Plastic Surgeon
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- Full member of the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
- Member of the Combined Services Plastic Surgery Society (CSPSS)
- Member of the British Burn Association (BBA)
- Member of the European Burn Association (EBA)
- Member of the Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgeons’ Indemnity Scheme (PRASIS)
- Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Mr Van Niekerk is the recipient of a number of awards including:
- The Dooley Prize in Anatomy
- Twice won the University of Oxford Trinity College Graduate Prize.
Treatments performed by Mr William Van Niekerk
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
A tummy tuck can help patients to achieve a flatter, firmer abdomen. Mr William Van Nierkerk specialises in the Brazillian Tummy Tuck procedure.
Male Chest Reduction
Gynecomastia or gynaecomastia is more commonly known as man boobs – affects around 15% of adult men in the UK and is caused when excess fat develops in a man’s breast area.
We treat women who are concerned about the shape and size of their labia, whether it is a result of natural childbirth, age, or even weight loss.
Breast uplift, Breast lift or Mastopexy surgery can offer you a great way to regain your body confidence, giving you fuller-looking breasts and correcting their positioning on your body for a more uplifted appearance.
Breast Reduction Surgery
If your breasts are causing you health or cosmetic problems, Surgical Breast Reduction (Mammoplasty) might be the best option for you.