Mr William Van Niekerk
For bookings please call
Mr William Van Niekerk trained and qualified as a medical doctor in Pretoria (South Africa) in 1996. He then went on to complete his surgical training and postgraduate research training in Anatomy and Craniofacial Surgery at the University of Oxford.
In 2002, Mr Van Niekerk was granted a commission in the Royal Air Force and was appointed to the world-renowned Canniesburn Plastic Surgery Centre in Glasgow where he worked as both a registrar in plastic surgery and was then promoted to a specialist registrar a year later.
At the same time he was also working at St Andrew’s Centre for Plastic Surgery and Burns as microsurgery fellow, then as fellow in burn surgery, and finally as locum consultant plastic surgeon.
In 2010 he was appointed to the post of military trauma fellow at Selly Oak Hospital in Birmingham when then went on to be moved to the new Queen Elizabeth Hospital in London. Mr Van Niekerk worked here as well as at the Birmingham Children’s Hospital until retiring from the RAF and the NHS in 2016 however as a RAF Wing Commander he had an operational role which took him on deployment to Camp Bastion in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan. When out in Afghanistan, he worked as a military trauma and plastic surgeon in the Role 3 Field Hospital and between his time back in Birmingham he was one in a team of surgeons treating all casualties returning from Afghanistan.
After the British Armed Forces withdrew from Afghanistan, Mr Van Niekerk made the decision to close that chapter in his life and retire from the RAF and NHS and focus on his work in the private sector.
Mr Van Niekerk’s clinical interest is in all aspects of Cosmetic Surgery as well as in Complex Military Trauma Surgery, Reconstructive Microsurgery, and Burn Surgery.
Mr Niekerk is available for surgical consultations at our London Harley Street clinic.
- Full registration with the General Medical Council with a license to practice and an entry on the Specialist Register as Plastic Surgeon
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- Full member of the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
- Member of the Combined Services Plastic Surgery Society (CSPSS)
- Member of the British Burn Association (BBA)
- Member of the European Burn Association (EBA)
- Member of the Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgeons’ Indemnity Scheme (PRASIS)
- Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Brazilian Abdominoplasty
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Uplift