Liposuction or lipo is one of the most popular body contouring procedures available in the cosmetic surgery sector. It is able to effectively remove stubborn areas of fat that have been resistant to diet and exercise and re-contour the body to give a more balanced and improved physique.
What you may not know is that there is more than one type of liposuction and the most effective form of lipo for you will ultimately depend on your expectations from surgery.
Vaser liposuction is one of our most commonly performed liposuction options. It is our least invasive form of fat removal which is performed under local anaesthetic with sedation and no overnight hospital stay is required.
The technique involves using ultrasound energy to liquefy the fat cells before they are then removed through a gentle suction process. It is suitable to be performed on areas such as the buttocks, hips, thighs, abdomen, upper arms and chest.
Vaser lipo downtime?
Overall, we recommend that patients allow 2-3 weeks of general recovery from their vaser liposuction procedure. This recommendation is purely to allow for any discomfort, bruising or swelling to settle. Many patients are able to return to their daily activities such as work within 2-3 days, but exercise and other strenuous activities should be avoided for at least 3 weeks to allow the body to heal.
Vaser lipo when will I see results?
The results from vaser liposuction can be seen straight away however patients are required to wear compression garments and will experience swelling. The results are best seen from 5-6 weeks following the procedure.
Vaser Hi-Def liposuction is a variation of the vaser lipo technique. This procedure is best suited for patients who are looking for a more athletic result. The procedure works by removing both superficial and deep fat layers that surround the muscle groups which then helps to enhance the visibility of underlying toning and musculature. The results are impressive and are commonly performed on the abdomen and chest.
Vaser hi-def downtime?
Following vaser hi-def, patients should aim to allow 3-5 days before returning to work and 2-3 weeks before continuing with any exercise or strenuous activities.
Vaser hi-def when will I see results?
The results from vaser hi-def are best seen 2-6 weeks following the procedure, these results will then continue to develop over 4-6 months.
Vaser Mid-Def liposuction is a more subtle version of the vaser hi-def technique. It is the ideal option for patients who are still looking to increase the definition seen in their results but with a softer finish. For this procedure, the results are more down to the overall reduction in body fat rather than the precise fat removal surrounding the muscles.
Vaser mid-def downtime?
We recommend that patients take 3-5 days off work to recover from their vaser mid-def procedure. Exercise and strenuous activities should also be avoided for 2-3 weeks after the procedure.
Vaser mid-def when will I see results?
The results from vaser mid-def are best seen 2-6 weeks following the procedure, these results will then continue to develop over 4-6 months.
Micro Liposuction is liposuction that uses a much smaller cannula that is best suited for patients who are only looking to treat small areas of the body. The cannulas used are 0.9mm to 3mm wide and can remove up to 3.5 litres of fat from the abdomen, arms, thighs, knees, flanks and male chest.
Micro lipo downtime?
MicroLipo involves minimal downtime and many patients are able to return to their daily routine almost immediately. Patients often only require 1-2 days off work and a gentle exercise schedule can be resumed after 7 days with guidance from their surgeon.
Micro lipo when will I see results?
You will notice a change to the areas treated immediately after the procedure, but it can take up to 3-4 weeks to see the real results from micro lipo.
Surgical liposuction, liposculpture, suction-assisted lipectomy or traditional liposuction is the original form of liposuction. It is usually performed under general anaesthetic and uses a suction technique to remove fat from the body. It is often performed at the same time as another plastic surgery procedure such as a tummy tuck.
Surgical liposuction downtime?
The downtime for surgical liposuction will always vary from patient to patient. It is standard protocol that all exercise and strenuous activities are avoided for several weeks following surgery, but many patients are able to return to work after 1-2 weeks depending on their job role. Overall, we say to allow 10 days to recover from any discomfort, swelling or bruising.
Surgical liposuction when will I see results?
You are likely to see results immediately after surgery. The majority of patients are able to see great results after 6 weeks, but the final results of your procedure are best seen 6-12 months afterwards once all swelling has resolved.
Different types of Lipo before and after photos
Why choose The Private Clinic?
- We are the UK’s leading provider of VASER Liposuction for men and women
- Highly experienced surgeons and doctors who have years of experience in vaser liposuction
- One-year cover for all surgical, hospital and nursing care, in case of any medical issue giving you peace of mind.
- 24-hour patient helpline to ensure you are always in the best of hands.
- We perform over 1,300 liposuction and body contouring procedures a year and have performed more vaser liposuction procedures than any other clinic in the UK.
- As many post-operative care appointments with your surgeon, doctor and nursing team as required.
- Comprehensive patient information, every step of the way.
- Outstanding hospital and clinic facilities.
- With over 35 years’ experience of Cosmetic medical Excellence, you are in expert hands.
- Our excellent reputation for patient safety and satisfaction, honest advice and outstanding care means your journey with The Private Clinic will be an exciting experience to a newfound shape.
- View our vaser liposuction before and after photos
- View our micro lipo before and after photos
- View our surgical lipo before and after photos
- View our extensive vaser liposuction FAQs
- View our extensive surgical lipo FAQs
- View our micro lipo FAQs
- Find out more information in our liposuction blogs
We are able to offer liposuction consultations at our clinics nationwide:
- Lipo clinic London Harley Street
- Lipo clinic Birmingham*
- Lipo clinic Bristol*
- Lipo clinic Buckinghamshire*
- Lipo clinic Leeds*
- Lipo clinic Manchester*
- Lipo clinic Northampton*
*Consultations with a patient coordinator only
Private hospital liposuction
Vaser & MicroLipo Liposuction Surgeons and Doctors
- Dr Dennis Wolf, BSc (Hons), MBBCh, MRCS, DO-HNS. GMC Number: 4773959
- Mr Philip Lim, BSc (Hons), MB ChB, AFRCS(Ed), MRCS(Eng), FRCS(Plast). GMC Number: 4219068
- Mr Roberto Uccellini, MD. GMC Number: 7416337
Surgical Liposuction Surgeons and Doctors
- Mr Davood Fallahdar, BSc, MB ChB (Hons), MD FRCS(Plast), MicroSurg (Hons), ORL H&NSurg. GMC Number: 4686602
- Mr Roberto Uccellini, MD. GMC Number 7416337
- Mr Navid Jallali, BSc, MB ChB (Hons), MD FRCS, MicroSurg(Hons), ORL H&NSurg. GMC Number: 4686602
- Mr Dario Rochira, BS, MD. GMC Number: 6130664
- Mr Adel Fattah, FRCS(Plast). GMC Number: 4764599
- Mr Mobinulla SyedMBBS, MSc, PhD, FRCS (Plast) GMC Number: 6035480
- Mr Prashant Govilkar, MBBS MS MCh FRCS FRCS (Plast) GMC Number: 4258041
- Mr Philip LimBSc (Hons), MB ChB, AFRCS (Ed), MRCS (Eng), FRCS (Plast) GMC Number: 4219068
- Mr Kenneth Kok, MBChB, MRCS, MSc (Hons), FRCS(Plast). GMC Number: 4701147
To find out more about liposuction surgery or to book a consultation, please call 0333 920 2471 or you can also use our online contact form for liposuction surgery.