Mr Ravi Mallina
CONSULTANT ORTHOPAEDIC HAND SURGEON
- Dip Hand Surg (Br)
GMC Number: 6091572
About Mr Ravi Mallina
Mr Ravi Mallina is an experienced orthopaedic surgeon specialising in the hand and wrists. Mr Ravi Mallina carried out his training in major trauma centres in the UK and completed his higher surgical specialist training in Trauma and Orthopaedics at various South West London London teaching hospitals.
Mr Mallina went on to undertake specialist hand surgery training in the UK’s premier hand centres in Birmingham and Derby, the Pulvertaft Hand Centre. During his time in Derby, Mr Mallina completed the British Society for Surgery of the Hand (BSSH) accredited diploma in Hand Surgery. Mr Mallina then undertook a travelling fellowship at world renowned Professor PC Ho’s department of hand and microsurgery in Hong Kong.
Mr Ravi Mallina is enthusiastic about offering holistic and evidence-based care to his patients. He has a special interest in treating overuse injuries and nerve compressions affecting the upper hand, wrist, and elbow. Mr Mallina offers day-case, local anaesthetic surgery for the majority of elective hand conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome also known as decompression surgery, trigger finger, dupuytren’s contracture, base of the thumb arthritis, cubital tunnel syndrome, and de quervains tenosynovitis and tailors his treatments to the individual patients’ needs.
Mr Mallina also has passion for training surgical trainees and fulfils the role of orthopaedic college speciality tutor.
Mr Ravi Mallina is available for consultations at our London Harley Street clinic.
Mr Ravi Mallina is able to offer the following day-case procedures:
- Endoscopic Carpal tunnel decompression & Open Carpal Tunnel Release
- Cubital tunnel release/Ulna nerve release around the elbow
- Joint injections for arthritis
- Excision of ganglion(lumps) around the hand and wrist
- Trigger finger/thumb release
- Minimally invasive procedures for Dupuytren’s contracture
- Trapeziectomy/Joint replacement surgery for base of the thumb arthritis
- Joint denervation procedures for arthritis
- Surgery for skier’s thumb
- Tennis and Golfer’s elbow release
- Full Member of The British Society for Surgery of the Hand (BSSH)
- Young International Member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
- Member of Asia Pacific Wrist Association (APWA)
- Member of The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Full registration with The General Medical Council with a license to practice and an entry on the Specialist Register for Trauma and Orthopaedic surgery (GMC Number: 6091572)
Research Led by Mr Ravi Mallina, Professional Recognition and Press
Mr Ravi Mallina has presented and authored several peer reviewed papers in leading Orthopaedic and Hand Surgery Journals.
- A simple method of identification of 1U and 1R portals in thumb carpometacarpal joint arthroscopy, Journal of Hand Surgery Eur, 2020 – Mallina R, Lau LC, Mak MC, Ho PC
- Trapeziectomy and Abductor Pollicis Longus LRTI combined with Extensor pollicis brevis tenodesis for management of thumb basal joint osteoarthritis and metacarpophalangeal hyperextension, Journal of Hand Microsurgery, 2021 – Maklad M, Mallina R, Lindau T
- Price of a finger, Journal of Hand Surgery Asian Pac, 2021 – Martin Van, Francesca Ghini, Ravi Mallina, Rajive Jose
- Short-term results of Revision Cubital Tunnel Release Treated With Neurolysis and Procine Submucosa Extracellular Matrix, International Federation of Societies for Surgery of the Hand (IFSSH), June 2019 – Mallina R, Peiter Jordan, Tahseen Chaudhary, Dominic Power
- Clinical Outcomes in Revision Carpal Tunnel Decompression using the Axoguard nerve protector, International Federation of Societies for Surgery of the Hand (IFSSH), June 2019 – Mallina R, Peiter Jordan, Dominic Power
- Clinical Outcomes of Zone 1 Flexor Tendon Injuries Treated With Bone Anchor, International Federation of Societies for Surgery of the Hand (IFSSH), June 2019 – Mallina R, Jose R
- Advantages of arthroplasty vs Trapeziectomy for the treatment of Thumb Carpometacarpal Joint Osteoarthritis, International Federation of Societies for Surgery of the Hand (IFSSH), June 2019 – Mallina R, Al-Achraf Khoriati, Sharma R, Ellahee N
- Distal radio-ulnar replacement: our early experience with a constrained prosthesis, International Federation of Societies for Surgery of the Hand (IFSSH), June 2019 – Ellahee N, Razak A, Mallina R, Sharma R
- Clinical Vs. Operative Findings in Hand Trauma Using Online eHands System, International Federation of Societies for Surgery of the Hand (IFSSH), June 2019 – Martin Van, Francesca Ghini, Ravi Mallina, Rajive Jose
- The Role of early MRI in the diagnosis of Scaphoid and Other Wrist Injuries in the presence of Normal Radiographs, The British Society for Surgery of the Hand, April 2019 – Uhiara O, Kain N, Jordan P, Mallina R, Brewster M