Mr Prashant Govilkar
For bookings please call
Consultant Plastic Surgeon
GMC Number: 4258041
- FRCS (Plast)
Mr Govilkar graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the Grant Medical College & The J.J Group of Hospitals, Bombay. He then went on and completed higher surgical training in Plastic & Reconstructive surgery at the J.J Group of Hospitals and the LTMMG Hospitals, two of the largest teaching hospitals in Bombay, India.
Mr Govilkar obtained the MCh.(Plastic Surgery) degree and undertook a Microsurgery training fellowship in Brescia, Italy.
After being awarded the British Association of Plastic Surgeons fellowship for microsurgical training at the Canniesburn Hospital in Glasgow he went on to study specialist hand surgery and microsurgical breast reconstruction in the UK
In addition to providing a comprehensive reconstructive service in hand and wrist surgery (trauma and elective) and breast surgery (both cosmetic and reconstructive), his areas of special interest include:
- Post-Bariatric Body Contouring Surgery (body lift surgery).
- Microsurgical Reconstructive Surgery.
- General Medical Council (GMC) – GMC Number: 4258041
- Royal College of Surgeons in Plastic Surgery.
- British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
- British Association of Plastic Surgeons fellowship for microsurgical training at the Canniesburn Hospital in Glasgow.