Mr Amit Patel
Consultant Laparoscopic General and Colorectal Surgeon
GMC Number: 4737010
- MBBS – University of London (2000)
- FRCS (Plast.)
Mr Amit Patel qualified from St George’s Hospital Medical School, London with honours and undergraduate prizes. He then went on to study for postgraduate surgical training in London which including two years in post-graduate research at the University College London, Following his training in Coloproctology/ Surgical Oncology and General surgery in London he joined the NHS in a Consultant Laparoscopic General and Colorectal Surgeon role in 2014.
Mr Patel held a laparoscopic colorectal fellowship at the world-renowned St Mark’s Hospital for colorectal disease in London under the tutelage of Professor Robin Kennedy. During his years at St Mark’s, Mr Patel received extensive training in complex colorectal tertiary referrals from across the UK. His current field of interest and practice, reflect his high level of specialist training in both laparoscopic general and colorectal surgery.
Mr Patel joins us at The Private Clinic to offer the unique Rafaelo ® Procedure for haemorrhoids consulting at our Birmingham clinic.
- Royal College of Surgeons England
- Association of Coloproctology Great Britain & Ireland
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons Great Britain & Ireland
- West Midlands Pelvic Floor Society
- Medical and Dental defence union of Scotland
- The General Medical Council – GMC Number: 4737010
Research led by Dr Patel
Mr Patel continues his strong academic and research interests and is extensively published in peer-reviewed journals.