We recommend waiting at least 6 hours but ideally 24 hours before applying make-up directly to the lips such as lipstick or lip gloss. This allows the injection sites to heal and reduces the risk of you unintentionally moving the filler within the lips before it has had a chance to settle.
Lip Fillers After Procedure
We recommend that you avoid drinking alcohol 24 hours prior to having dermal filler treatment as this will reduce your risk of bruising, swelling or bleeding. After treatment you should not drink alcohol for at least 24 hours as this will then reduce the risk of inflammation.
Bruising and swelling after lip filler can be unpredictable abut there are a couple of things you can do to help lessen your risk of bruising after treatment which include;
- Not taking aspirin, exedrin, ibuprofen, aleve or advil for 1 week before treatment and 2 days after treatment.
- Not St Johns Wort, Fish Oil/Omega 3, Flaxseed Oil, Vitamin E for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoiding alcohol at least 24 hours before and after your treatment.
- Avoiding strenuous exercise for 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid intense heat such as steam rooms, saunas and freezing temperatures.
- Taking arnica tablets in the weeks leading up to your treatment.
A full list of pre and post care instructions will be provided to you at your consultation.