Did you catch Gail on “My Naked Secret” on the Monday 21st October, 2013? Gail came to The Private Clinic of Harley Street to get her extensive varicose veins treated using the latest, most minimally invasive and advanced treatments by Mr Kyriakides – an experienced and qualified Vascular Surgeon.
My Naked Secret is a great new addition to our screens. It’s now into its second season and we are delighted to be helping 3 people transform their lives this season. Last week saw The Private Clinic treat Louis for Excessive hair growth and this week it was Gail’s turn for her varicose veins. Stay tuned next month for our next patient!
Varicose Vein Treatments at The Private Clinic
At The Private Clinic we offer 4 types of minimally invasive Varicose Vein removal treatments.
EVLA – Endovenous Laser Ablation is our most popular minimally invasive varicose vein removal treatment. It uses laser heat to collapse the wall of the vein and destroy the cause of the problem. EVLA is carried out under local anaesthetic, takes around 45 minutes and many patients are able to return to work almost the next day. You will be required to wear a compression stocking post-treatment and the final results of the procedure can be seen after 6 weeks.
VenaSeal – VenaSeal is a closure system that uses medical adhesive to close varicose veins. Performed under local anaesthetic, this minimally invasive procedure involves a small catheter being put into the varicose vein which then dispenses small amounts of medical grade Sapheon Glue that works to close the vein. Once closed, the vein will be gradually absorbed by the body. VenaSeal is perfect for patients who have a needle phobia as it only requires a single injection per vein. Treatment time ranges from 30-60 minutes and recovery time is relatively shorter with many patients not needing to wear compression stockings after treatment either.
Foam Sclerotherapy – Sclerotherapy is usually used to treat thread veins which is known as microsclerotherapy treatment but foam sclerotherapy is suitable for larger varicose veins. The sclerotherapy foam solution is injected into the varicose veins and it then coats the vein wall which causes inflammation within the vein. This inflammation pushes the blood out of the area and leaves the walls of the vein sticky. As the veins empty, the walls stick together which closes off the vein and it starts to shrink and disappear. The treatment takes around 30 minutes and is performed under local anaesthetic.
Phlebectomy – A phlebectomy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure to remove varicose veins. Small incisions are made to remove the varicose vein from the body using a special phlebectomy tool. The treatment will be performed using local anaesthetic and you will not require stitches as the incisions are very small. You may require 1-2 days off work but generally, patients are back to their everyday activities soon after their procedure.
Why choose Varicose Vein Removal at The Private Clinic?
The Private Clinic have helped many thousands of patients in over 35 years of service, providing the latest and most advanced treatments for a range of medical and cosmetic issues, including varicose veins. The Private Clinic uses qualified and experienced Vascular Surgeons in a clinical, safe setting.
- The least invasive method for varicose veins and thread veins removal treatment for your legs, body and face.
- Our Consultant vascular surgeons are pioneers in EVLA(Endovenous Laser Ablation) and have treated thousands of patients.
- No lengthy downtime or recovery required.
- The NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence) Gold Standard for treatment of Varicose Veins findings show that the success rate after five years for EVLA is 95.4%.
- A consultation with one of our Consultant Vascular Surgeons costs £150, including a free ultrasound scan of your legs (usually priced between £350 and £450 at most clinics and private hospitals).
- We focus on the underlying cause of your veins and you will only see a Consultant Vascular surgeon for varicose veins.
- We have treated thousands of patients who have regained their confidence whilst avoiding health issues.
- Treatment takes one hour, you can go home shortly after being treated.
- Owing to our success, we have been featured on Channel 4’s Embarrassing Bodies , TLC’s My Naked Secret and featured in Harper’s Bazaar’s Cosmetic Tweakment Trends for 2019.
- We have carried out over 7,000 procedures in treating Veins.
- View our varicose vein before and after photos.
- Read our extensive varicose vein FAQs.
- Take a look at our varicose vein patient stories.
- Find out more in our varicose vein blogs.
- Download our varicose vein treatment brochure.
Expert Vascular Surgeons
- Mr Constantinos Kyriakides, MD, FRCS(Gen). GMC 3275436
- Mr Dynesh Rittoo, MBChB, FRCS(Eng), FRCS(Gen Surg). GMC 3556456
- Mr Charles Ranaboldo, BM, FRCS, MS. GMC Number: 2939195
- Professor Rajiv Kumar Vohra, MBBS. GMC Number: 3158700
- Mr Tahir Hussain, MBBS,MS, FRCS. GMC Number: 3242669
- Mr Rajiv Pathak, MBBS, MS, FRCS, FRCS(Gen). GMC Number: 4585309
- Mr Ferdinand Serracino-Inglott, MD, FRCSI, FRCS(Gen), DIC MSc. GMC Number: 5206200
To book a consultation, please call 0333 920 2471 or use our Varicose Vein online contact form.