Knowing if you need a hair transplant or not is a personal decision that only you can make but what our hair loss specialists can do is help to advise on what hair loss treatments are available and which they feel is best for you based on your current hair loss and desired results.
Radio presenter Chris Evans has recently been reported stating that he was considering a hair transplant procedure after explaining that he did not want to go bald.
Chris Evans has previously been taking hair loss medication which he refers to as ‘hair loss drops’ for a number of years and has exclaimed at how much it has helped to improve his hair growth.
“I’ve been on drops of these medications for years now, about five or six years. I was nearly bald and I’m not at all now. I don’t have the thickest head of hair in the world, but I do have hair now, more than I did.”
He has now expressed a concern that the hair loss pills he has been taken may be having an impact on his testosterone levels and hair loss typically originates from low levels of testosterone.
“I was finding out about my hair pills that I had been taking for a while and why that might be affecting my testosterone which apparently is one of the reasons I might have to get a hair transplant. “
Whilst we are unsure on what pills in particular Chris Evans may have been taking, we are able to offer advice on approved medication for hair loss including minoxidil and finasteride.
Hair loss medication is a great starting point for anyone experiencing hair loss. It can really help to prevent further hair loss and even improve the quality of your current hair in some cases.
The most obvious treatment choice for hair loss is a hair transplant but this may not be the best solution for you. When you attend your consultation, your surgeon will fully assess you and take into consideration your:
- Medical History
- Hair loss Severity
- Hair Type
- Desired results from treatment
All of these factors will greatly impact your suitability for a FUE Hair Transplant. Patients who are too young for example may not be suitable for a hair transplant at this stage as the greatest aim of our expert Hair Transplant Surgeons is to preserve the donor area so by performing a hair transplant procedure too young can impact of the quality of hair in the donor area or any further procedures in the future.
So if you are like Chris Evans and have an interest in having a hair transplant procedure or wish to find out more, then we recommend visiting us for a consultation with one of our leading hair transplant surgeons including:
Hair Transplant Surgeons at The Private Clinic
- Dr Michael Mouzakis S.C.F in Plastic Surgery, GMC Number: 7237640
- Dr Ismail Ughratdar, MB ChB, GMC Number: 6103427
- Dr Furqan Raja, MB ChB, GMC Number: 7419667
- Dr Luca De Fazio MD, BSc, MSc, GMC Number: 7095123
Why choose The Private Clinic?
- Highly experienced Hair Transplant Surgeons who have decades of experience and who have carried out thousands of hair transplants.
- The Private Clinic prides itself on ensuring you have the best quality and most comprehensive care.
- 24-hour patient helpline to ensure you are always in the best of hands.
- As many post-operative care and appointments with your Hair Transplant surgeon and nursing team as required.
- Comprehensive patient information, every step of the way.
- Outstanding clinic facilities.
- Our excellent reputation for patient safety and satisfaction, honest advice and outstanding care means your journey with The Private Clinic will be an exciting experience to a new hairline.
- View our gallery of FUE Hair Transplant before and after results here.
- Hear from previous hair transplant patients by reading their stories here.
- Read our extensive Hair Transplant FAQs
- Consultations available in London Harley Street, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester and Northampton.
- We are able to offer finance solutions with manageable payments to suit a variety of budgets.
If you would like to discuss your hair transplant options, please call 03339209135 or use our online hair transplant contact form.