What to expect at your varicose vein consultation post Covid-19?
Lock down has meant that our clinics have been closed for a few months now. As we look to open our clinics again, we have had to make some changes to our usual processes to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
Whether you had a consultation that was postponed or are looking to book as a new patient, you may be wondering what to expect from your varicose vein consultation now that the lock down is gradually being lifted.
Top tips for your first Varicose Vein Consultation
Your first varicose vein consultation is likely to take place with one of our experienced patient coordinators over the phone. Prior to the consultation, you will have been asked to fill out a patient registration and medical history form. This consultation is ideal for:
- Asking any questions regarding your registration or medical history form
- Providing the patient coordinator with photos of your areas of concern
- Finding out what we offer for varicose vein removal
- Learning more about our expert vascular surgeons and their credentials
- Going through what your treatment journey will involve
- Discussing our new clinic visiting protocols
- Noting down any clinical queries you might have for your vascular surgeon
What happens in a consultation with a specialised vascular surgeon?
Once the first consultation has taken place, the second consultation can then be booked. This may take place over the phone, by video consultation or in person at one of our clinics.
- You may be asked to send photographs of your areas of concern to your patient coordinator who will have passed these onto your vascular surgeon along with your information, medical history, and any clinical queries.
- Your Vascular surgeonwill discuss in a video consultation your areas of concern.
- They will explain, in detail, the range of treatment options we have available. These include EVLA, VenaSeal, Foam Sclerotherapy and Phlebectomy.
In Clinic Veins Consultation
If your vascular surgeon feels you are a good candidate for surgery, then you will be invited to consider progressing to treatment.
You will then be invited into one of our UK Vascular clinics to have a duplex scan of your legs.
Your Vascular surgeon will then advise on the best vein treatment that is going to be the most minimally invasive and effective solution suited for you.
All patients are given a 2-week cooling off period in which to review the information that they have been given to allow them to decide in their own time if they wish to progress with treatment.
Booking a varicose vein procedure date
We will continue to take daily guidance from Public Health England and the professional bodies advising our surgeons and clinicians with regards to safe surgery and treatments.
This guidance will be used to determine which procedures will be safe to undertake with key focus on protecting our patients and staff from any unnecessary risks or compromises to their recovery.
Booking your varicose vein procedure could not be easier, all the information your need will be provided to you before to ensure that you feel comfortable about the procedure and what to expect on the day.
Your varicose vein procedure will take place in-house at one of our varicose vein clinics. Safety measures will be followed throughout to ensure the safety of everyone in the clinic.
Varicose Vein treatment at The Private Clinic
At the Private Clinic, we have over 35 years of experience providing the best and latest vein removal treatments and have treated over 7,000 patients concerned about their veins. We work with highly qualified consultant vascular surgeons who have extensive experience in their field.
- We are able to offer some of the least invasive method for varicose veins and thread veins for your legs, body, and face.
- No lengthy downtime or recovery required.
- Our Consultant vascular surgeons are pioneers in EVLA (Endovenous Laser Ablation) and have treated thousands of patients.
- We focus on the underlying cause of your veins and you will only see a Consultant Vascular surgeon for varicose veins.
- The NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence) Gold Standard for treatment of Varicose Veins findings shows that the success rate after five years for EVLA is 95.4%.
- A consultation with one of our Consultant Vascular Surgeons costs £150, including a free ultrasound scan of your legs (usually priced between £350 and £450 at most clinics and private hospitals).
- Treatment takes one hour; you can go home shortly after being treated.
- We have been featured in several TV shows and press including Channel 4’s Embarrassing Bodies, TLC’s My Naked Secret and have been recently featured in Harper’s Bazaar’s Cosmetic Tweakment Trends for 2019.
- We have been able to restore the confidence in many of our patients by avoiding health issues and achieving great results.
- We are able to offer finance solutions with manageable payments to suit a variety of budgets.
- View our extensive FAQs
- See our previous patient stories
- View varicose vein before and after photo results
- View our varicose veins blogs for more information
- Download our varicose vein treatment brochure
Our Expert Vascular Surgeons
- Mr Constantinos Kyriakides, MD, FRCS(Gen). GMC 3275436
- Mr Dynesh Rittoo, MBChB, FRCS(Eng), FRCS (Gen Surg). GMC 3556456
- Mr Charles Ranaboldo, BM, FRCS, MS. GMC Number: 2939195
- Professor Rajiv Kumar Vohra, MBBS. GMC Number: 3158700
- Mr Tahir Hussain, MBBS, MS, FRCS. GMC Number: 3242669
- Mr Rajiv Pathak, MBBS, MS, FRCS, FRCS(Gen). GMC Number: 4585309
- Mr Ferdinand Serracino-Inglott, MD, FRCSI, FRCS(Gen), DIC MSc. GMC Number: 5206200
Varicose Vein Consultations are available at our vein clinics located across the UK
- London Harley Street Veins Clinic
- Bexhill Veins Clinic
- Birmingham Veins Clinic
- Bournemouth Veins Clinic
- Bristol Veins Clinic
- Leeds Vein Clinic
- Manchester Veins Clinic
- Northampton Veins Clinic
To find out more about varicose vein treatment or to book a veins consultation with any of our vascular surgeons call us on 0333 920 2471 or use our varicose vein online contact form.