How to Get Rid of Puffy Nipples in Men
Puffy nipples are a common symptom of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia is a condition which causes male breasts to swell and appear larger than normal. It is most common on teenage boys and older men, but it can occur at any time.
Why Do Some Males Have Breast Enlargement?
The cause of gynecomastia is down to an imbalance of testosterone and oestrogen. Oestrogen is what causes breast tissue to grow, although all men naturally have a certain amount of oestrogen they usually have a higher level of testosterone which stops growth of breast tissue.
The cause of the hormonal imbalance is a little trickier to diagnose as there are a variety of reasons for this to occur including;
- Age – As men age, they produce less testosterone.
- Puberty – During puberty, the hormone levels in males can vary.
- Weight Gain – Being overweight can cause gynecomastia as it can result in oestrogen levels increasing which causes breast tissue to grow and the excess weight will exaggerate the appearance of this.
- Medication – Certain medications have gynecomastia as a side effect. These include medicine for heart disease and anti-ulcer medication.
- Health Condition – There are some health conditions that can cause gynecomastia including liver disease and kidney failure.
- Drugs – Recreational drugs such as cannabis and steroids can cause gynecomastia to develop.
- Birth – It is common for newborn baby boys to appear to have gynaecomastia as oestrogen is passed from mother to baby. In most cases this will disappear after a few weeks.
How to treat gynecomastia and puffy nipples
If gynecomastia is the cause of your puffy nipples then you will most likely need surgery to treat them. Although losing weight, eating healthy and exercising may help to reduce the appearance of an enlarged male chest, it is not likely to be effective in removing puffy nipples.
Surgical options for gynecomastia at The Private Clinic include;
Vaser Liposuction is a non-surgical liposuction technique that is performed with local anaesthetic and sedation. The procedure uses ultrasound energy to liquefy fat cells prior to removal which is then done through a gentle suction process.
In more severe cases of gynecomastia or enlarged male breast, the glandular tissue will need to be removed from behind the nipple. Surgical removal of these will need to be carried out under general anaesthetic but liposuction can also be performed at the same time to contour the chest.
Male Chest Reduction for Gynecomastia. Surgical removal of breast tissue and liposuction performed with circumferential areola incisions. After photos taken 7 months post-op.
Coolsculpting for Gynecomastia
CoolSculpting or fat freezing can be an effective treatment for gynecomastia. A small applicator will be applied to the chest area which then freezes the fatty tissue underneath the skin. Over time, your body will break down the fat and it will be processed naturally through the body. The non surgical fat reduction procedure can take as little as 30 minutes per area and there is little to no downtime. CoolSculpting for Gynecomastia is best suited to patients whose male breasts are largely composed of fatty tissue as this treatment will not have any effect on glandular tissue.
Male Chest Reduction at The Private Clinic
We are the UK’s leading non-invasive cosmetic group and have some of the most experienced gynecomastia surgeons in the country working with us. For over 35 years we have successfully treated thousands of patients.
By coming to us for your male chest reduction procedure you can rest assured you are in the best possible hands and that you will get the results you were hoping for.
- There are no hidden costs.
- We afford all our patients the right care well before, during and long after every procedure.
- You will have a Patient Coordinator, who you can call as much as you need, throughout your Private Clinic journey.
- You will only be treated by industry-leading, highly experienced doctors and surgeons.
- Our nurses, technical assistants and therapists are all very experienced and well trained.
- Our aftercare promise – you can call, email and visit us to discuss how we tailor-make each procedure and offer ethical and professional aftercare for every patient.
- We are contactable 24/7, 365 days a year for patients.
- We are competitively priced for the expertise and professionalism we provide every patient.
To find out more about male chest reduction you can contact us on 0333 920 2471 or use our online contact form for Gynecomastia.