Leeds Varicose Vein Clinic near Me
Our state of the art varicose veins clinic in Leeds provides all patients with premium standards of treatment and care. All of our varicose vein procedures are performed in our private clinic on Park square, close to the centre of Leeds. Our team of dedicated vascular surgeons and nurses will ensure you are comfortable throughout your procedure and will continue to provide personalised aftercare following your procedure.
Varicose Veins Clinic in Leeds
Our Varicose Veins clinic is located on Park Square North close to the centre of Leeds. We have many patients visit us from surrounding areas such as Farsley, Leeds city centre, Methley, Oulton, Stanningley, Yeadon, Roundhay, Chappel Allerton, Scarcroft, Headingly, Wetherby, Pudsey, Calderdale, Kirklees, Otley, Harrogate, York, South Yorkshire, Sheffield and Doncaster.
Expert Varicose Vein Surgeon in Leeds
Consultant General and Vascular Surgeon, Mr Tahir Hussain MBBS (Lon) MS (Lond) FRCS (Engl) FRCS (Gen Surg) GMC Number: 3242669 has been a consultant for plastic surgery for 20 years. Born in London, he graduated from the University of London and carried out his surgical training and higher surgical training at a variety of hospitals across the UK.
Mr Tahir Hussain is very experienced in a wide range of vascular surgery including arterial and venous disease. He is a keen advocate of the Endovenous Laser Ablation treatment for treating varicose veins.
Varicose Vein Treatments in Leeds
All of our varicose vein treatments available at our clinic in Leeds are performed under local anaesthetic and you will be able to return home shortly after the procedure to recover.
EVLA is considered the Gold Standard in Varicose vein treatment by National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE). The treatment uses ultrasound to locate the veins and then laser heat is targeted into the vein causing the vein to collapse. The vein will then be gradually absorbed by the body over time.
VenaSeal is a great procedure for patients who experience needle phobia as it does only require one small injection per vein. Using a small catheter, the surgeon will guide the VenaSeal tool through the leg dispensing small amounts of medical grade Sapheon glue which then closes the vein. Once the vein is closed, it will then be absorbed by the body. VenaSeal has a quick recovery time and many patients do not need to wear compression stockings following treatment.
Phlebectomy is a very effective procedure for removing large varicose veins that are sitting close to the surface of the skin. Small incisions will be made and the vein will then be removed. The procedure does not require stitches and the results are instant as the vein has been removed, however bruising and swelling is still to be expected and patients will be required to wear compression stockings.
Foam Sclerotherapy is used to treat varicose veins. It is similar to liquid sclerotherapy which is more commonly used to treat thread veins but this solution is slightly different. The foam is injected into the vein causing inflammation before the vein then closes up over time. We also offer liquid sclerotherapy to treat thread veins in clinic.
Thread Veins can also be effectively treated at our clinic in Leeds. We offer liquid sclerotherapy treatment which involves injection a sclerosing agent along the vein which causes the vein walls to become sticky and blood is no longer able to pass through. When no blood is passing through the vein, the capillaries will start collapse and be absorbed by the body therefore gradually disappearing from view.
We are also able to treat facial thread veins with our effective ND Yag laser that can be used to treat individual veins on the face or legs. Pulses of light energy are emitted over the skin which causes the blood in the thread veins to coagulate resulting in the vessel closing. Once closed, the thread vein will then be re-absorbed by the body and blood is redirected to deeper veins where it will no longer be visable.
Varicose vein Leeds before and after photos
Varicose vein treatment in Leeds reviews
“I have been really pleased with all aspects of my varicose veins treatment at the Leeds clinic. All the staff were friendly helpful and caring. Everything was explained and any questions I had were answered. It was nice to have a phone call afterwards to check all was well and being able to ring the clinic with any questions and know I would be able to speak to a nurse, it was really reassuring. Thank you to all involved.”
Lesley – Doncaster
“I wasn’t looking forward to EVLA and Phlebectomy treatments but the staff were friendly and reassuring. Mr Hussain inspired confidence and the theatre nurses, Helen and Leigh were great. I would recommend this clinic and would return without hesitation for other treatments.”
Wendy – York
Why choose The Private Clinic Leeds for Varicose Veins Treatment
- We offer the least invasive method for varicose veins and thread veins removal treatment for your legs, body and face.
- Our Consultant vascular surgeons are pioneers in EVLA (Endovenous Laser Ablation) and have treated thousands of patients.
- No lengthy downtime or recovery required.
- The NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence) Gold Standard for treatment of Varicose Veins findings show that the success rate after five years for EVLA is 95.4%.
- A consultation with one of our Consultant Vascular Surgeons costs £150, including a free ultrasound scan of your legs (usually priced between £350 and £450 at most clinics and private hospitals).
- We focus on the underlying cause of your veins and you will only see a Consultant Vascular surgeon for varicose veins.
- We have treated thousands of patients who have regained their confidence whilst avoiding health issues.
- Treatments usually take up to an hour, you can go home shortly after being treated.
- Owing to our success, we have been featured on Channel 4’s Embarrassing Bodies , TLC’s My Naked Secret and featured in Harper’s Bazaar’s Cosmetic Tweakment Trends for 2019 and The Daily Mail.
- We have carried out over 7,000 procedures in treating Veins.
- Read our extensive varicose vein FAQs
- View our varicose vein before and after result photos
- Hear from previous patients in our varicose vein patient stories
- Find out more in our varicose vein blogs
- Download our varicose vein treatment brochure
To find out more about our varicose vein treatments in leeds or to book a veins appointment call 0333 920 2471 or visit use our varicose vein online contact form.