Varicose veins are a condition that affects many of us, both men and women. Even some of our favourite celebrities have been seen suffering from varicose veins or thread veins too!
In this blog, we will be talking about some of the top celebrities who suffered from varicose veins and the treatments there are available to treat them.
Celebrities with Varicose Veins
- Kristin Davis, the popular actress from “Sex in the City” was seen with varicose veins on her legs.
- British actress Emma Thompson openly admitted suffering from varicose veins. Emma further explained that she used to constantly hide them by always wearing long dresses or skirts.
- Jessica Alba although she hasn’t been seen suffering from varicose veins, admitted that it runs in her family so when she travels she uses compression socks to ensure correct blood flow and prevent the formation of varicose veins.
- Britney Spears is another celebrity who has suffered from varicose veins, and in her case, they appeared after both of her pregnancies.
- Sydney Leroux, professional soccer player also opened up about having varicose veins. Sydney reported that her varicose veins first appeared after her pregnancy with her child.
How can I treat varicose veins?
Varicose veins, fortunately, can be treated so you can show off you vein-free legs comfortably.Our consultant vascular surgeons will be able to recommend the best treatment for you after performing an ultrasound scan to identify the issue.The treatments available include:
- EVLA is a minimally-invasive procedure to eliminate dysfunctional varicose veins. The treatment is performed under local anaesthetic and consists of locating the damaged veins using ultrasound technology to then use laser heat to destroy the cause of the problem. The success rate of EVLA treatment is 95.4%.
- VenaSeal is another minimally invasive treatment that uses a medical adhesive to close the varicose veins. The medical glue is supplied through a catheter after the veins are located using ultrasound. This procedure is performed under local anaesthetic and usually takes between 30-60 minutes.
- Sclerotherapy is a minimally-invasive treatment that can target both varicose and thread veins . Foam sclerotherapy is injected into the varicose veins to collapse the walls of the vein and destroy them. To target thread veins liquid sclerotherapy is used instead.
- Phlebectomy is performed under local anaesthetic and consists of removing the affected veins by making small incisions to insert a hook to extract them.
When is the best time to remove varicose veins?
Varicose veins removal treatments can be performed all year-round, however many patients choose to have this procedure done before the warmer months so they can confidently show off their vein-free legs. At The Private Clinic, we offer a variety of treatments to suit your concerns and lifestyle.
Why should I choose The Private Varicose Vein Clinic?
- We offer the latest minimally-invasive method for varicose veins removal.
- At The Private Clinic, we have carried out over 7,000 procedures in treating Veins.
- We focus on the underlying cause of your veins so you will always be treated by our expert Consultant Vascular surgeons.
- Our Consultant vascular surgeons are specialised in EVLA (Endovenous Laser Ablation) and have treated thousands of patients.
- Minimal downtime or recovery required.
- The NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence) Gold Standard for treatment of Varicose Veins shows that the success rate after five years for EVLA is 95.4%.
- Due to our success, we have been featured on Channel 4’s Embarrassing Bodies, TLC’s My Naked Secret and featured in Harper’s Bazaar’s Cosmetic Tweakment Trends for 2019.
The Private Clinic offers varicose vein removal consultations and treatment at our clinics in London, Glasgow,Bristol, Birmingham, Bournemouth,Cardiff,Manchester, Bexhill, Essex, Northampton, Leeds, Newcastle, Doncaster, Milton Keynes, Liverpool, and Edinburgh.