Concerned about your bunions? You are not alone; many people in the UK suffer from bunions including well-known celebrities. That’s right, even the glitz and glam from celebrities can be outshined by bunions.
There are many celebrities who have been seen suffering from bunions, including model Naomi Campbell, Victoria Beckham and even royalty with The Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markel.
We will be revealing the top 10 celebrities with bunions:
Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markel
3. Victoria Beckham
4. Amy Adams
What are bunions?
Bunions are a bone deformity of the joint of the toe, appearing on the outer area of the foot. This condition is developed over time and induces the big toe to curve towards the rest of the toes further causing the joint to stick out.
Can I prevent bunions?
Bunions are a hard condition to prevent due to their hereditary and congenital factor. If anyone in your family suffers from bunions there is a high probability that you can get bunions too.
However, there are some tips to minimise their appearance. Wear shoes that feet comfortably as ill-fitting shoes can contribute to the development of the bunion and speed up the process and try to avoid wearing heels higher than 4cm.
How can I treat my bunions?
There are many non-surgical treatments available to minimise the discomfort of bunions such as corrective braces or bunion pad, however, these are temporary remedies. If you are looking for a long term solution to this issue and feel confident showing your feet, bunion surgery is the best option.
As seen on Harper’s Bazaar latest trends, at The Private Clinic we exclusively offer the mini-invasive bunion surgery; no other clinic has this procedure available in the UK. Is a revolutionary keyhole surgery technique to remove bunions without inserting any fixative devices, meaning no screws, plates or wires and is performed under local anaesthetic.
This surgery is performed by Orthopaedic surgeon Dr Andrea Bianchi who has more than 15 years of experience and performs over 1.000 minimally-invasive bunion surgeries per year.
The procedure starts by performing tiny incisions of 2-3 millimetres so the surgical dental burrs can go through to help correct the deformity and re-arrange the bones on the foot. Since no fixative devices are used, Dr Bianchi proceeds to create precise geometric fractures on the bone re-align it; this way the foot can heal naturally at its own pace. Patients can walk out of the clinic after the procedure without the assistance of any crutches.
The downtime for this procedure is minimal, patients can return to work within 1-2 days and there is no visible scar left.
Why you should choose The Private Clinic:
- The minimally-invasive bunion surgery is exclusive to The Private Clinic in the UK.
- The mini-invasive bunion removal surgery has a 98% success rate.
- Patients can walk after surgery without crutches.
- There is minimal downtime required, patients can return to work within 1-2 days after the procedure.
- The surgery is performed under local anaesthesia using a keyhole technique.
- No fixative devices are inserted.
- Orthopaedic Consultant Surgeon, Mr Bianchi has been developing this technique for over 20 years and performs over 1.000 mini-invasive bunion surgeries per year.
- Walk-in walk-out procedure.
- Minimal post-operative pain and the best aftercare throughout is provided.
- No scars.
- The surgery is carried out in our state of the art London Fitzroy hospital.
- We offer a 24-hour patient helpline direct to your nursing team and surgeon to help with any concerns at any time.
- As many post-operative appointments with your surgeon and nursing team as needed.
- We have an excellent reputation for patient safety and satisfaction, we always provide honest advice and offer the best care meaning your journey with The Private Clinic will always be an exciting experience to newfound confidence.
To book a consultation with our Orthopaedic surgeon Dr Bianchi call us on 0333 920 2471 or visit our bunion surgery page on our website where you will be able to find our patient stories and see more before and after pictures.