A Spotlight on Male Chest Reduction
What is Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia is often more commonly known as man boobs. It is a condition that affects 15% of adult men in the UK. It is a condition which can run in families and is often caused by excess glandular tissue, fatty tissue or excess chest skin developing in the male’s chest area.
Although the condition is not life-limiting in any way, it can cause some mental distress with many men worrying about their appearances and choosing to hide their chest away under baggy tops and they often find themselves avoiding social situations like swimming or holidays.
How can I treat Gynecomastia?
We offer 3 treatment options here at The Private Clinic for gynecomastia/male breast reduction. They are; Vaser Liposuction, Micro Liposuction or Surgical Liposuction. We have found that liposuction is the best way to target those stubborn areas of fat that simply won’t shift.
Vaser Liposuction is a great option if you are looking for a minimally invasive treatment for gynecomastia. It involves the fat being liquefied and then removed from the areas being treated using a gentle suction process. The treatment does not require a hospital stay and you will be able to get back to work and sport much quicker.
Micro-liposuction is ideal for those with not a huge amount of excess tissue, but enough to make them feel uncomfortable. The treatment uses a cannula less than 3mm to remove the fat.
Surgical liposuction is usually only recommended to those who have a larger amount of fat to be removed and have been unsuitable for vaser or micro lipo. It is performed under general anaesthetic so it may require a hospital stay and a longer recovery time but your surgeon will be able to discuss this with you.
Who can treat Gynecomastia?
Coming to us for your chest reduction treatment you can rest assured that you are in the hands of some of the most experienced doctors and surgeons in the country.
Vaser Liposuction Surgeons
- Dr Dennis Wolf, BSc(Hons), MBBCh, MRCS, DO-HNS. GMC Number: 4773959
- Mr Philip Lim, BSc(Hons), MB ChB, AFRCS(Ed), MRCS(Eng), FRCS(Plast). GMC Number: 4219068
- Dr Leonardo Fasano, MD, Msc, GMC Number: 7533666
Micro Lipo Surgeons
- Mr Roberto Uccellini, MD. GMC Number: 7416337
Surgical Liposuction Surgeons
- Mr Davood Fallahdar, BSc, MB ChB(Hons), MD FRCS(Plast), MicroSurg (Hons), ORL H&NSurg. GMC Number: 4686602
- Mr Roberto Uccellini, MD. GMC Number 7416337
- Mr Navid Jallali, BSc, MB ChB(Hons), MD FRCS, MicroSurg(Hons), ORL H&NSurg. GMC Number: 4686602
- Mr Dario Rochira, BS, MD. GMC Number: 6130664
- Mr Adel Fattah, FRCS(Plast). GMC Number: 4764599
- Mr Mobinulla Syed MBBS, MSc, PhD, FRCS (Plast) GMC Number: 6035480
- Mr Prashant Govilkar, MBBS MS MCh FRCS FRCS (Plast) GMC Number: 4258041
- Mr Philip Lim BSc (Hons), MB ChB, AFRCS (Ed), MRCS (Eng), FRCS (Plast) GMC Number: 4219068
- Mr Kenneth Kok, MBChB, MRCS, MSc(Hons), FRCS(Plast). GMC Number: 4701147
How much will male chest reduction surgery cost?
Prices for male chest reduction start from £4,900. You will be given an accurate quote following your consultation.
Male chest reduction before and after results
“My only regret is not finding The Private Clinic sooner. I feel so much more comfortable in clothing and with myself. I have positively alerted my life.” * – P.L., London
“I saw the difference immediately and after just one week no swelling was left and my chest is as flat and manly as any other man in the gym. My only regret is that I suffered unnecessarily for 30 years. I have purchased new t-shirts and wearing them without a baggy jumper is a joy” – D.C, Buckinghamshire
“My man boobs were always a problem and I felt embarrassed in the changing rooms after going to the gym. I had a fit body and good physique but with breasts!
I had Vaser Lipo and after reduced bruising and swelling the results look impressive! I would recommend it to anyone!” *
Male Chest Reduction at The Private Clinic
Our doctors have performed thousands of lipo-contouring treatments including over 7,000 VASER treatments to date, more than any other clinic in Europe.
By coming to us for your chest reduction procedure you can rest assured you are in the best possible hands and that you will get the results you were hoping for.
- There are no hidden costs
- We afford all our patients the right care well before, during and long after every procedure
- You will have a Patient Coordinator, who you can call as much as you need, throughout your Private Clinic journey
- You will only be treated by industry-leading, highly experienced doctors and surgeons
- Our nurses, technical assistants and therapists are all very experienced and well trained.
- Our aftercare promise – you can call, email and visit us to discuss how we tailor-make each procedure and offer ethical and professional aftercare for every patient
- We are contactable 24/7, 365 days a year for patients
- We are competitively priced for the expertise and professionalism we provide every patient
- Read our extensive FAQs
- Take a look at our male chest reduction before and after photos
To find out more about male breast reduction surgery or book to book a consultation please call 03339209135 or use our male chest reduction online contact form