Wayne Rooney, at 27, had a ‘top up’ 2nd hair transplant, over the weekend, as part of his hair restoration treatment – the first of which he had done in 2011. The Manchester United star is reportedly very happy with the results. Some clinics reported that hair transplant bookings have been up 25% in the wake of Rooney’s hair loss transformation in 2011.
Back in 2011, Rooney opened up about the procedure on twitter, saying: ‘Just to confirm to all my followers I have had a hair transplant. I was going bald at 25, why not? I’m delighted with the result.’ What do you think about Rooney’s hair transplants? Does it make you want to know more about them?
9 Hours for a Second Hair Transplant: Easier than You Imagine
Lots of the news stories focused around the fact that the procedure took around 9 hours. With television and radio just some of the things patients frequently use to pass the time, it’s not really an issue.
You could even pop in a DVD boxset you have been meaning to catch up on. Naturally the local anaesthetic and the time-frame involved means many patients simply nod off. The tugging sensation many patients report is mild enough for sleep to happen regularly. Just another added benefit of an FUE hair transplant over the older ‘strip’ method, which leaves a linear scar and requires considerable downtime afterwards while it heals. With an FUE transplant you can hop back to work quickly, saving you valuable time and a further clearer indication that the procedure involves little discomfort.
2nd Hair Transplants
It’s common for patients to further manage their hair loss with another transplant in order to achieve a more desirable aesthetic look – in Rooney’s case this was planned. However, it’s not always necessary and many of our patients continue to be happy with their results for many, many years. It is dependent on the individual and the quality of their skin and hair – something our Hair Transplant Surgeons will be able to examine and explain in greater detail at a consultation.
The Benefits of an FUE Hair Transplant at The Private Clinic of Harley Street over an FUT ‘Strip’ Transplant
- It’s possible to comfortably fall asleep during the procedure
- You can watch TV, listen to the radio and even read a book
- Very little discomfort
- Scarring is hardly even visible and if your surgeon is good enough, you can even choose to shave your head without any worries
- Very little downtime, meaning you can go back to work promptly
- You can have an unshaven hair transplant, for the ultimate in discretion
- You will be treated by leading experts in the field, offering you long-term advice and medical expertise
- Further hair loss can be effectively treated with hair loss medications available from our Hair Transplant Surgeons – Dr. Kouremada-Zioga and Dr. Raghu Reddy
- Men and women of all skin types can be treated by our experts – something that required considerable experience
- You can have an eyebrow or facial hair transplants, if you have patchy or little hair in the region (over-plucking, injury or genetics can all be responsible).
The Private Clinic
The Private Clinic of Harley Street only offer the latest FUE Hair Transplants from our two highly experienced and trained Hair Transplant Surgeons: Dr. Kouremada-Zioga and Dr. Raghu Reddy. We only offer procedures we know can work and offer patients a permanent and effective solution to an issue or problem. Find out more about how we can transform your life: http://www.theprivateclinic.co.uk/treatments/hair-transplant-men/